Delahoya vs. Pacquiou

Don't know if I spelled Manny's name right, but oh well.

Who takes this one and why? And will Oscar have trouble making weight?

Oscar will easily outweigh Manny post weigh in. I dislike De La Hoya a great deal, but this is an easy fight for him. Manny is moving up twelve pounds, and will not carry his power with him to the Welterweight class.

chokemasta - i´d luv to see MP win big, but ODL is getting old....who knows, could go either way

is there any interest out there?

I'm looking forward to it for those exact reasons haha

I think it will be a big fight actually.

Oscar's training in Mexico City, with Nacho Beristain cornering, and I think he's kind of positioning himself as avenging the Mexican guys Pac has been defeating... haven't seen the 24/7 special yet though.

Some of those Mexican fans who have always hated him for beating up Chavez, "not being macho enough," etc., may finally support him :)

Anyway, I see him beating Pac up. Too much size, too much power, too much boxing skill

TH

these are my two favorite still-active boxers and i could care less about this fight. beyond retarded match making and a win for either of them proves absolutely nothing

i won't be watching it

hackett -Oscar's training in Mexico City, with Nacho Beristain cornering, and I think he's kind of positioning himself as avenging the Mexican guys Pac has been defeating... haven't seen the 24/7 special yet though.

Some of those Mexican fans who have always hated him for beating up Chavez, "not being macho enough," etc., may finally support him :)

Oscar is training with Nacho in Big Bear, according to 24/7.

I don't think the Mexican fans will support him though. They're too knowledgeable to respect Oscar taking a vanity fight against a much smaller man.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is on record saying that most Mexicans are in Manny's corner.

jason hornbuckle - these are my two favorite still-active boxers and i could care less about this fight. beyond retarded match making and a win for either of them proves absolutely nothing

A win by Oscar means nothing, I agree. But a win by Manny would be a huge upset and means a lot.

if Manny wins by decision it will just be because DLH's chronic inactivity made him inable to fight the whole fight, again. Proves nothing

if Manny wins by KO then of course that's a different deal. I really doubt that will happen though. I feel like this will be a glorified sparring match, not a coincidence that they've both trained with Roach, and I'm not paying $60 for it

Manny won't win, period.

But if he pulls off a decision over Oscar how can you say that is not impressive? Inactivity or no inactivity that would be a tremendous performance.

Even PBF had to work his ass off to get a split decision against an inactive ODLH.

that's my point. DLH constantly under performs because he only fights every other year. at this point i don't think beating him in a close decision means anything at all in terms of your legacy or whatever. or even in terms of his legacy

If Manny could KO DLH with a head punch, that would be something that has never been done before and would be an accomplishment

Manny is a natural 130 pounder. And he is a puncher, not some slick decision-winning boxer. For him to outpoint the much bigger De La Hoya in Vegas would take some doing.

"Some of those Mexican fans who have always hated him for beating up Chavez, "not being macho enough," etc., may finally support him :)"

I've heard that JC Chavez and Erik Morales have publicly expressed support for Manny. His style is more "Mexican" than Oscar's, so I suspect many Mexican fans will root for him for this reason.

^ Yep, I am of Mexican ethnicity, And I'll be be pulling for Paquiao.

i don't think its the style as much as its the weight difference. if DLH was 20lbs smaller than Pac people would be pulling for him, since he's not, its the other way around

Gotta love Manny for taking this fight, but I don't see how he beats ODH. ODH will be bigger, stronger, more skilled, and has been in their with guys who bang a lot harder than Manny. I don't see how Manny outpoints him, and I don't think his power will carry that well that he can knock him out.

jason hornbuckle - i don't think its the style as much as its the weight difference. if DLH was 20lbs smaller than Pac people would be pulling for him, since he's not, its the other way around

Nah, lots of Mexican fans have had it out for DLH for some time. I think he's running away with the fight with or without them.

TH

with these two names on the marquee one would think this would be a huge fight. I couldn't care less and I am a big boxing fan. Agree with previous posts that it doesn't mean a dam thing unless Manny pulls off the upset.

Oscar will win don't kid yourself it's a big payday and a big name for his retirement party. Manny is tough as shit but he's giving up too much here. Fun fight in the early rounds though.