Demian Maia vs. Jason Macdonald UFC 87

What are your picks? I have Demian via sub in the 2nd round.

Marcovia chimes in in 3....2.....1......

Demian by whatever, his ground game is just on another level than MacDonald

I have Demian Maia by exposure of an overhyped, but fairly good fighter in MacDonald. Definitely a sub.

Wow great fight......McDonald is tough enough on the ground to put up hopefully a good exciting fight but I think Maia will eventually catch him.

87 has some great fights

StrikeAnywhere -

Wow great fight......McDonald is tough enough on the ground to put up hopefully a good exciting fight but I think Maia will eventually catch him.

87 has some great fights

I think Demian Maia will sadly lose a fight before getting a title shot, but he's a guy that if you put him in there with Anderson Silva right now, could end up pulling out a submission upset or something.

That's the beauty of MMA, is that no matter how dominant a champ is, that there's always a few low-key up and comers who'd be perfectly capable of pulling the upset.

CRE - Macdonald will win by having been through the fire with RIch Franklin, Maia gets binked out.

Not always a reliable way of predicting things.

Lutter looked better against Silva than any of Franklin's attempts against Silva. Lutter could almost be likened to the delicious proverbial ingredients that lied in the sandwich whereas Franklin was more or less a moldy bread piece on the bottom and the foot piece of the bread on top.

Anyway, Lutter did have Franklin in trouble, but eventually crapped out. I think this is an anybody takes it fight, so MacDonald wouldn't be a bad choice to win either, but part of me hints toward Maia and it feels like a right choice. Wouldn't count either fighter out.

This is a showcase fight and a mismatch IMO.  Terrible style matchup for MacDonald.  Maia by slick submission, round 1.

actually, i think it's a good style matchup for both. i'm starting to think maia is the real deal, this will be his chance to show it. i think he moves himself one or two wins from a title shot here.

maia tko rd 2

Rand McPherson - actually, i think it's a good style matchup for both.

Well that makes a lot of sense.  Advantage - everyone.

Maia will sub him in the 1st.

Maia wont even be very competetive.

ttt