Demi's Response

From Demi:

I have been out of town for several days and I cannot log onto the JKD forum (that's strange). We have been training in "Self Preservation"
for 5 years. We got that down. First aid, firearms, weapons, light, striking, clinch, ground. cqb, mindset. DONE!

Most of the situations we may face do not involve people who have no intention of surviving and no real goal but killing. That's new.

It's not oportunistic and I'm not separating a client with his money because "YOU cannot come to me and pay me to train this program". It is for advanced students who have gone through a specific amount/type of training. It is not offered to housewives or golden gloves champs or patrolmen. It is only available to those who have trained at the CSPT and have "passed" various courses.

Most people will not/cannot do that. They have no interest, no time or not enough money. The Civilian First Responders Program is for those who want to train up to that level, MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT. So where is the freakin money aspect.

I've got 20 cantidates now and only 9 are interested. There are about 7 others who would be ready in about 4 - 5 months and only one of those is interested. It would take someone a year to be ready from the start.
It's not a money maker at all. It's just what I spend my time doing "at work".

There is no over the top paranoia here. When I go home I play with my kids, I play guitar, I screen print, I do various video projects, I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, I go to the sushi bar...

At my facility we are always training and developing. It is a good thing and most respect it. For the past 5 years I've trained people from all over the world as well as law enforcement both state and federal. I've sold DVDs to clients all over the world and to law enforcement agencies. There are many other organizations out there but I 'm still very busy with repeat and new clients.

For those who speak poorly of me and have never trained with me you do so from a gleefull ignorance. If you were shaken solely by the fact that I mention "firearms" that's kneejerk spinless liberalism. There is a cure if your interested.

As far as posting on the JKD forum just to advertise... I do that everywhere. I'm just a little cyber nusaince aren't I?

Likewise, that is done on the weapons forum by others. I don't call attention to it. Free exchange, free assosciation...

Demi (Someone has to be me) Barbito

I'll address all those points later when I have a bit more time, but for now:

Demi, tell us what anti-terrorist research you did before creating your Civilian First Responders' Program.

Cheers,

Will

Oh, I thought the thread meant that Demi Moore finally gave in and decided to give Adam a date!

Keep beliving Adam, Ashton Kutcher's got nothin' on you!!!

"It is for advanced students who have gone through a specific amount/type of training. It is not offered to housewives or golden gloves champs or patrolmen."

So this course is only available to people who've already committed a significant amount of time and money to your school, and are thus less likely to be critical of it? Such is the power of cognitive dissonance.

"It is only available to those who have trained at the CSPT and have "passed" various courses."

Do people actually have to pass these various courses to proceed, or do their cheques just have to clear?

"It's not a money maker at all."

Ego trips rarely are.

"At my facility we are always training and developing."

And yet your stuff still isn't any good.

"For the past 5 years I've trained people from all over the world as well as law enforcement both state and federal. I've sold DVDs to clients all over the world and to law enforcement agencies."

So has every ninja death touch master in the back of Black Belt mag. You need to find a new routine, that one is old.

"For those who speak poorly of me and have never trained with me you do so from a gleefull ignorance."

If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit...

"Free exchange, free assosciation..."

Free lunch?

Cheers,

Will

*cracks top off of a St. Pauli, rests feet on desk*

what thread is this in response to?

ZW:

It's on this folder:

"Civilian First Responders Program"

why advertise to the public a program that only your advanced students can train in??

The man can't respond can he?

It's funny how fast people are to throw stones or belittle and degrade those who don't think/act/feel the way that they do. What he is doing is within the realm of martial arts, and fills a niche that some seek and others walk away from. Why the hard feelings? He has a place and his system has a place just like other systems that you may not agree with have a place. There is such a thing as contrast and balance and while you may not agree with what others do contrast and balance are necessary. LEO's could probably benefit greatly from programs like his. Give the guy a break. Go and train with him and then develop an opinion, what do you have to lose?

P.S. No I am not a student of his or have any affiliation.

Marc,
I could be wrong but the two main points that people have problems with are, the appearance of trying to "cash in" on things and the lack of any posts by Demi other than advertisments. I know that this board is always full of advertisments but in addition thse instructors offer a lot of free advice. Demi has never offered any type of training advice on this forum just opinions and advertisments.

Adam

"EO's could probably benefit greatly from programs like his"

True, which is why we have been training with guy's like Greg Hamilton, Paul Howe, John Holschein and men that have served in the Sayeret. End of June I'm in a 3 day course hosted by the FBI, the trainers will be vets from Sayeret. Guy's that have actually dealt with suicide bombers, car bombers, IEDs and such.

Been there and done that means a lot in this area. I want to know that the guy telling me to do this, has actually done it. My life depends on this working, not just in theory but, having been tested, has proven to be a valid tactic.

Which is the biggest critique I have heard regarding this material. How do you teach counter-terrorism, when you have never served in a C/T unit? On what do you base your curriculum? Your experience? The experience of those you have served with and the lessons the brought back to your team?

Just something to think about. The guy's we go to for shooting instruction have proven themselves as shooters in IDPA/IPSC competition. You can't argue that Rob Leathem, Jerry Barnhart, Ernie Langdon and D.R. Middlebrooks can shoot, its proven. The guy's we go to for tactics have proven themselves, Paul Howe, Gabe Suarez, Alan Brosnan, Phil Singleton, Bob Gallegoes, they have more experience in a month then some "trainers" have, or will ever have, in their entire life.

As someone said to me recently at The Site, "credibilty and trust are paid for, but no amount of money can buy it".

Good post Paul.

"LEO's could probably benefit greatly from programs like his"

LEOs could benefit greatly from a lot of things. A One Stop Shopping Approach to CT is not one of them. As Paul said, there are people out there who have done the "research" and no amouunt of money can buy their credibility and trust.

Adam and Paul addressed both issues pretty darn good IMO.

I see your points

Mark