Dempsey's workout

I finally ran across something that addresses Jack Dempsey's general workout:

Since they're a bit hard to read as posted because of the small print, here are the direct links to the above pages: Page One, and Page Two.

LOL! Well, that wasn't much better, was it? :)

Excellent! Bridging, pushups--hmm, looks a little like Matt Furey's combat conditioning, doesn't it?

Thanks Stratakos...someone please archive this thread.

HOW do you find this stuff?:)

Pure, dumb luck mostly. :)

BTW Martin, my copy of Jack Dempsey: The Manassa Mauler finally arrived. I haven't begun to read it yet, but in thumbing through it I noticed several references to a Jack Burke, who was one of Dempsey's sparring partners. Is Jack Burke actually your uncle Martin Burke?

Also, you mentioned earlier that the book contained some misinformation. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you perhaps give me a heads-up as to what I should disregard as innacurate when I come across it?

Thanks, in advance.

The book was pretty good.

I think there actually was a Jack Burke around at that time. Did he refer to him as Mike, too?(It's been a while)

Yep. He makes various unconnected references to a Jack, Mike, and a Martin Burke. The problem is that all of those references are on pages listed in the index only under Martin Burke. There is no Jack or Mike Burke listed in the index at all. Very confusing.

As I said, I haven't begun to read the book in earnest yet. Actually, for $2.75, all I really cared about was information regarding Dempsey's training. I figured anything above and beyond that would just be the icing on the cake.Nevertheless, I'd like to know what's accurate and what isn't. You're right, though, Roberts apparently didn't put forth his best effort with this book.