Dental Bridge?

I got one of my two front teeth knocked out back in 2000 and about two years ago I got a bridge. I haven't trained since then and am going to get hit today for the first time with the bridge(boxing class). I bought a Gladiator mouthguard, but I'm nervous about my bridge breaking. I don't have money for another one.

Anybody have any experience sparring with a bridge? Specifically a bridge for your front teeth...?

I have to leave in about an hour...

TTT I'm a couple weeks out from getting a bridge too.

If the dentistry was done well you should be just fine. The material your bridge is made form is harder than natural teeth. The rest is about root to crown ratio which there is no way for me to know. All in all you should be fine.

Thanks icedog

Will need to order a Gladiator when I'm finished

icedog11 -  If the dentistry was done well you should be just fine. The material your bridge is made form is harder than natural teeth. The rest is about root to crown ratio which there is no way for me to know. All in all you should be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance. When I got a root canal on the broken front tooth, the guy mentioned the root depth, so I guess that's good.

The mouthguard fits great by the way.

Actually, I have a very similar question.  I have been considering starting to train recently, but am a little wary with the fact that I have full dentures.  What are the odds of someone actually knocking my teeth out of my face while I am sparring?  I do realize it's probably tougher to break the actual tooth, but I wouldn't want them falling out mid spar.

UGCTT_molsonmuscle36 you should not spar or fight with a removable dental appliance in your mouth.

If they're removable....remove them

I had one of my front teeth knocked out years back thanks to the Power Kneegro(a clinch knee thrown but a very short, but powerful black man... his term, not mine) and had it replaced with a post and crown.

Now, I'm not sure what kind of bonding material that little Jew dentist used to replace that tooth... but holy shit is that thing strong. Stronger than any of my other teeth. I've been hit in that falsey with and without a mouthguard and it's never budged.

But as icedog said, it depends on a lot of factors. I don't know too much about root depth and that, but I know there are different levels of bonding resins and materials they use.

I think the best advice for anyone who needs tooth replacement or post/core/crown stuff in the future would be to let your dentist know that you do plan on getting hit in the mouth from time to time, even as much as you may try to avoid it.

icedog11 - UGCTT_molsonmuscle36 you should not spar or fight with a removable dental appliance in your mouth.

Thanks for the info....So should I just throw a mouthguard over my gums, or should I get a special one that would allow me some extra size so I could actually bite down on it?

UGCTT_molsonmuscle360 - 
icedog11 - UGCTT_molsonmuscle36 you should not spar or fight with a removable dental appliance in your mouth.

Thanks for the info....So should I just throw a mouthguard over my gums, or should I get a special one that would allow me some extra size so I could actually bite down on it?

Yes I'm not sure why they require a mouthguard for guys with no teeth but they do. We make them and build them up so they are the size of a normal occlusion and are held in just like the denture with suction from the roof of the mouth or the vault.