DFW aims to give Chimaev record setting 2nd fight

We back at it, aboard the hype train! 

stainlesssteel -

There was a time when Donald Cerrone would have been the perfect opponent to gauge the skills of a hotshot newcomer. Today Cerrone would be tapped out by this dude within 30 seconds and nothing would be learned. I know a bunch of guys here are super high on Chimaez including head booster Kirik. All I'm saying is let the dude fight someone with a freaking pulse, someone that will fight back, someone to wipe that smug grin off his face, AND THEN we can crown him greatest of all time.

One win over a certified 22-9 tomato can, no matter how vicious and impressive, DOES NOT PUT YOU ON THE LEVEL OF KAMARA USMAN!

Thank you.

Who hurt you?

stainlesssteel -
MattyJ -
stainlesssteel -

There was a time when Donald Cerrone would have been the perfect opponent to gauge the skills of a hotshot newcomer. Today Cerrone would be tapped out by this dude within 30 seconds and nothing would be learned. I know a bunch of guys here are super high on Chimaez including head booster Kirik. All I'm saying is let the dude fight someone with a freaking pulse, someone that will fight back, someone to wipe that smug grin off his face, AND THEN we can crown him greatest of all time.

One win over a certified 22-9 tomato can, no matter how vicious and impressive, DOES NOT PUT YOU ON THE LEVEL OF KAMARA USMAN!

Thank you.

Has he upset you?

Can't you tell?? It's utter absolute DISRESPECT to say you're on the same level as the champion, when YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN HAD A FIVE ROUND FIGHT IN THE UFC!!!

Gonna be a delight to see him introduced again to reality.

So much of the fight game is mental its crazy, theres a reason so many fighters see sports psychologists.  Why in the world would an up and coming UFC fighter see themselves as less than champ calibre?

stainlesssteel -

Thank you.

This is a fair point, and a trap we've all fallen into from time to time.  The one good thing about Fight Island is that as long as it's being done responsibly and safely, the turnarounds between fights can be sped up considerably.

I suspect that young Rhys Mckee of Ireland is probably going to have a less than fun time here. I think he normally fights at WW.

WaltJ -
stainlesssteel -

Thank you.

This is a fair point, and a trap we've all fallen into from time to time.  The one good thing about Fight Island is that as long as it's being done responsibly and safely, the turnarounds between fights can be sped up considerably.

I suspect that young Rhys Mckee of Ireland is probably going to have a less than fun time here. I think he normally fights at WW.

I expect Khamzat to show his standup off here.

Give him the robbie lawler