DFW: Khabib vs. Gaethje will be on Fight Island

Justin Gaethej defeated Tony Ferguson on Saturday at UFC 249  for the interim lightweight title, and the unification fight appears to be headed for Fight Island.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1260237167718100996

"I don't know if it will be the first one, but it will be on Fight Island, unless miraculously the world comes back together faster than I think it's gonna," said White on ESPN 1000 Chicago. "Hopefully [the infrastructure on Fight Island] will be done by mid-June, and I could put on a fight that weekend that it's done or end of June."

White's aware that former champ champ Conor McGregor called out Gaethje on Monday, but that apparently will not stop the unification fight.

"Any time Conor McGregor is fighting, it's exciting, but yeah, I'm very excited for Gaethje versus Khabib," said White. "I think stylistically it's a great matchup. I'm looking forward to it."

h/t ESPN

![](upload://PJfQnL16mqakvwhJDTYyHG0Y9e.jpeg)

2 Likes

There are states like Florida that will allow events and need the revenue, what’s the point of this drama? Do you wanna be a fucking promoter? Or a drama queen?

1 Like

I Hope they have extra large hottubs for Khabib and his crew

5 Likes

Gonna be sick.. We'll look back on it in a few years and remember how cool it was 

Masterclass -

There are states like Florida that will allow events and need the revenue, what’s the point of this drama? Do you wanna be a fucking promoter? Or a drama queen?

It will provide necessary income to everyone involved from the infrastructure to the fighters in fight night. It also ramps up excitement for the casual maybe providing more eyes and more revenue for all parties involved.  

Fight Island might be better protected from any infections of Covid-19.  It’s possible that this could be better for the economy than if it was held in Florida. 

just an alternate possibility. 

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
Masterclass -

It will provide necessary income to everyone involved from the infrastructure to the fighters in fight night. It also ramps up excitement for the casual maybe providing more eyes and more revenue for all parties involved.  

Fight Island might be better protected from any infections of Covid-19.  It’s possible that this could be better for the economy than if it was held in Florida. 

just an alternate possibility. 

There's also restrictions on non-citizens entering the US I believe 

1 Like
Masterclass - 

The issue is international fighters. Some live in nations where returning from the USA could be problematic.

Masterclass -

You obviously didn’t think of all the variables before your post- and who is the real drama queen - you deluded hypocrital cunt? 

1 Like
Card -

![](upload://PJfQnL16mqakvwhJDTYyHG0Y9e.jpeg)

that looks beautiful

Those sonic the hedgehog rings in that poster are legit. Lol

Props if you spot Goku! 

![](upload://1lJuMOe8uHFItrhT2hXcDvpcbCx.jpeg)

1 Like
beans455 -

Those sonic the hedgehog rings in that poster are legit. Lol

Bro. Do you even Dr. Strange bro

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1247396714509553664

I wonder how taxes will work for the fighters? No taxes?

brody3316 -

I Hope they have extra large hottubs for Khabib and his crew

Why? Khabibi likes em crowded. 

1 Like
Nytron -

I'm pretty sure there getting paid with Gold Bullion Bars!!!!

Nytron -

Which AC will be governing over this? 

That fight shouldn't be in the cage. Just let them fight all over the island