DFW on TUF Live debut: It was perfect

Octagon Mom - That was a great show, fantastic way to shake things up for the 15th! Season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Everyone was complaining about how stale and boring they were getting and here they are making some of the most risky business moves possible and people are still clambering.

I would love to know just what would shut these MMA/internet bummers up.

I think I figured it out...

-Bring back pride
-Proclaim Fedor the greatest of all time for eternity
-Make it so no one likes MMA except them, so they can feel special and original again
-Change the laws of the universe so that being a keyboard warrior is more bad ass than an actual MMA fighter

-Sandra
2 Gold posts in a row!  I dont know who you are but youre getting voted the fuck up!

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I like how every season of TUF seems to focus more and more on the fights and what goes into the fights.

I like how the logo was basically in the middle of the god damn screen. That was revolutionary! Phone Post

Octagon Mom - 
MMALOGIC -  It doesnt look like a game changer... if the ratings are less than 2 million, it's not worth the extra expense nor investment for anyone involved (ufc, fx and the fans).  one live fight on a friday night isnt destination television...

I doubt tuf live lasts more than 4 seasons (2 years) because it costs too much.  I think It will eventually go back to being taped and moved to fuel.  friday nights on FX will be live fight nights.

If you're going to incur the costs of a live event having one "amateur" fight plus "reality" nonsense deosnt make sense for anyone:  the Fans, UFC, or FX.

FX will get a real live 2 hr destination product plus local targeting (wherever the UFC holds the fight night - if in the states), the UFC will get dollars at the gate, get to target market the brand to local markets (wherever the fight night is held), and feature more than one fight thus building more equity in the fighters on roster... and the fans win by getting more than one fight in exchange for investing their time on a friday night.

They should really let you (MMA LOGIC) run the show at Zuffa, you seem to have all of your knowledge and skill set for running tv shows down to a science, I can't believe here you are wasting time on the internet without every major media corporation clambering to hire you.

You should then head over to NBC and fix their terrible lineup as well.

You got to love internet bummers like MMA LOGIC.

-Sandra

LOL!

Cindy

Octagon Mom - 
MMALOGIC -  It doesnt look like a game changer... if the ratings are less than 2 million, it's not worth the extra expense nor investment for anyone involved (ufc, fx and the fans).  one live fight on a friday night isnt destination television...

I doubt tuf live lasts more than 4 seasons (2 years) because it costs too much.  I think It will eventually go back to being taped and moved to fuel.  friday nights on FX will be live fight nights.

If you're going to incur the costs of a live event having one "amateur" fight plus "reality" nonsense deosnt make sense for anyone:  the Fans, UFC, or FX.

FX will get a real live 2 hr destination product plus local targeting (wherever the UFC holds the fight night - if in the states), the UFC will get dollars at the gate, get to target market the brand to local markets (wherever the fight night is held), and feature more than one fight thus building more equity in the fighters on roster... and the fans win by getting more than one fight in exchange for investing their time on a friday night.

They should really let you (MMA LOGIC) run the show at Zuffa, you seem to have all of your knowledge and skill set for running tv shows down to a science, I can't believe here you are wasting time on the internet without every major media corporation clambering to hire you.

You should then head over to NBC and fix their terrible lineup as well.

You got to love internet bummers like MMA LOGIC.

-Sandra

what did he say in his post that you disagree with.? other then offering sarcasim what your point

It felt a little slow but that is to be expected with so many one round fights. There was one fighter that stood out to me though. I don't remember the last name but his first name was Justin. Clearly a Karate guy but extremely exciting to watch. Looking forward to seeing that dude fight again.

I still think as much as Dana says there is not enough talent to have a women's division, they should have a female TUF.

Archer0545 - 
Octagon Mom - That was a great show, fantastic way to shake things up for the 15th! Season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Everyone was complaining about how stale and boring they were getting and here they are making some of the most risky business moves possible and people are still clambering.

I would love to know just what would shut these MMA/internet bummers up.

I think I figured it out...

-Bring back pride
-Proclaim Fedor the greatest of all time for eternity
-Make it so no one likes MMA except them, so they can feel special and original again
-Change the laws of the universe so that being a keyboard warrior is more bad ass than an actual MMA fighter

-Sandra
2 Gold posts in a row!  I dont know who you are but youre getting voted the fuck up!

+1

Voted up, give em shit, Mom!

The production was pretty awkward. It felt like a PBS telethon...

I think it was just because of all the down time between fights. When the rounds are back to normal and the teams are divided it should be pretty good. Then you will actually have people cheering and the breaks will feel much more natural.