DFW's P4P: Silva #1, GSP #2, Edgar #3, Aldo #4

Another argument for Edgar over Aldo: Were any of Aldo's opponents better than Sherk?

Silva,gsp, Aldo, Fedor, Cain. IMO Phone Post

lol @ the Edgar hate

BJ was in EVERYONE'S top p4p contention and Edgar -- who is a natural 145er -- DOMINATED him. Beat him twice in a row, the second time owning him in all aspects of MMA. Is also the only LW other than BJ to beat Sherk, whose only other losses are Hughes and GSP at 170. First to beat Tyson Griffin. Destroyed Bocek in a minute.

Everyone keeps saying Aldo. Aldo has two wins worth mentioning -- Urijah and Brown -- and he only finished one of them.

Just another example of how "martial artists" get so much more nuthugging than "athletes".

GSP beats Kos up for 5 rounds, turning him into Quasimodo primarily with jabs = horrible pointfighter afraid to fight.

Aldo kicks Faber's leg for 5 rounds = incredible, p4p #1, this is a real champion.

Give me a break.

When did GSP did tapped by cans? Dominated for most of 5 rounds? Put on wack displays of non-engagement?

GSP is Mr. P4P, case closed.

^tyson beat faber Phone Post

1. GSP

2. Anderson Silva

3. Jose Aldo

edgar beating bj twice does not make him top 3 pound for pound...danas list contradicts itself because he said gsp is #1 cause he lost to serra...but then explains how edgar lost of maynard...under that logic should werdum be floating around on that list cause he beat fedor...silva gsp fedor aldo imo...

I can agree w/ Dana's list-- I think Aldo definitely has the potential to be higher on the list (maybe even #1), but so far hasn't beaten the level of competition than Anderson or GSP have

Dana says some really stupid things sometimes.

There's no way Anderson is above GSP p4p. Hell, once GSP avenged his loss to Serra and proved himself he took the #1 spot back and has held it ever since

ender852 - 
BuddyRevell - Let me throw this out there: were any of Aldo's opponents better than Tyson Griffin?

Umm, Faber and Mike Brown? I personally think Brookins is better than Griffin, but I could see how one could disagree.
Fangas -  ^tyson beat faber Phone Post
Fangas is correct. And Brookins?! Really? Mike Brown is probably Aldo's biggest win so far.

When's the last time GSP fought a string of guys similar to this:
Thales Leites
Patrick Cote
James Irvin
Travis Lutter
Chris Leben
Demian Maia

Dana's P4P list. Who are my current fucking champions? Ok then them.

Zamiel - By Dana's logic, Fedor should be higher up the pound for pound list because he could easily make 205.

Smaller HWs like Fedor and Cain should be given extra consideration because they are much smaller than their opponents in many of their fights imo.

edubbs - Dana's P4P list. Who are my current fucking champions? Ok then them.

who in strikeforce would you rank in the top 3 p4p?

please don't say Fedor, he just got subbed by werdoom

1. Fedor

2. GSP

3. The Rest

IMO, Anderson is still number two. If anyone calls him the greatest champ ever, they need to use the asterisk and list fights where he wasnt. Lets see, James Irvin took one punch, then went fetal. Thales didn't even make weight, Cote hasn't kept his spot. The Maia fight was forced for Abu Dhabi and it showed.

GSP has fought top competition, losing only twice in his career. Avenging both losses, the only thing that should make people skeptical is his lack of finishing lately. It is not for lack of trying though, he has faced very mentally and physically tough guys. The only opponent I didn't think was a true number one contender was Hardy. (great fighter just a little bit too soon).

Edgar needs to beat Gray to be mentioned in number 3. Really, he has an unavenged loss, which isn't as big in title terms as it is in the p4p discussion. Still a big deal though.

I would put Aldo in front of Edgar for the fact that Aldo finishes his opponents. (I'm not against decisions in any way, I just use it in my personal p4p discussion. A decision does not equal a crappy fight in my book.)

Dana bringing up GSP's loss to Serra is so dumb. When GSP lost to Serra, Chuck Liddell was the best LHW in the world. Now Dana doesn't want Liddell fighting ever again. Not only did GSP easily avenge his loss to Serra but he hasn't lost a fight since losing to Serra and has only lost one round since that fight as well.

It's fine if Dana thinks Anderson is better than GSP because Anderson hasn't lost and he's even moved up and beat a former LHW champ but to always bring up the Serra loss as to why GSP is #2 is stupid.

I don't really care who is put above who when it comes to Anderson and GSP.

I think the WW division is a deeper, more competitive division. It has always been one of the most competitive divisions, and guys like Alves, Fitch and Kos, are more impressive than the guys circling around Anderson, Chael, Nate, Maia, etc.

On the other hand, Anderson has gone up in weight and made a former LHW Champion just look foolish. And if Anderson and GSP were ever to fight, I know Anderson would handle GSP rather easily by negating with his long reach the thing that really makes GSP great, his control of distance.

But Edgar really needs a run of title defenses before he starts being talked about as a p4p guy. The argument for him seems to largely rest on his wins over BJ. But styles make fights. His nimbleness and workrate make him a tough matchup for BJ.

His nimbleness and workrate make him a tough matchup for BJ.

Who do they not make him a tough matchup for?

As for needing a run of title defenses -- if he beats Gray he'll have beaten Gray, Sherk, BJ, and Tyson, so he'll already have wins over almost all the best guys in the division.