Diaz was the ONLY fighter to decline catch weight bout

Only fight fighter getting fucked over is the Leach

2 Likes

I support his decision. He made weight and would have fought hazmat if he made weight like the contract stated. Hazmat broke the contract and Diaz chose not bail him and the ufc out. Dana could have made him an offer he couldn’t refuse but chose not to.

5 Likes

Nate was already fighting up a weight class dummy, now you want him to give up 8 more pounds to a weight bully? Yeah, fuck no.

7 Likes

This. People here are so dumb sometimes. Clearly Nate is unhappy with the UFC. Why would he do them a favor?

7 Likes

Nate leaving the UFC on a win after this bullshit will be poetic justice. Good for him.

5 Likes

Guy misses by 1 or 2 pounds and i’m ok with that. To come in 8 pounds over is bs. I think it makes for a more exciting main event anyway. Ferg vs Diaz is a dream fight. Tough fight for Holland but he probably matches up better than Diaz with Khamzat. Leech really got screwed here, props to him for taking this fight. This still seems strange to me. Could the ufc have switched this fight due to lack of interest and and made a more sellable ppv?

2 Likes

hat a dumb take. Now Nate can ask the UFC for more money to save the event, fight a better opponent stylistically and go out on a win/big ppv before leaving the company. It would be absolutely foolish to take the fight

2 Likes

Hey don’t forget Fatshit Jake Collier taking the fight against Black Gambino, who couldnt make 266 lbs.

Yup no one wants to talk about Diaz missing weight against RDA back in the day… by 5.5lbs

Diaz fans are the new Penn fans.

4.5 over in 2014 with entirely different circumstances…

Yeah no one gives a shit

2 Likes

No.

Negotiating leverage, how does it work? There is never an asterisk next to the W for folks that won while missing weight.

Hello Daren

Even former LW Masvidal was too strong for Nate. Remember Nate Rory? Even Dong Hyun.

Yeah Leech loses the most here even though el Cholo is prob a better fighter than Tony now, obviously way less name recognition.

I’m stoked about Tony Nate but it’s a shame it’s this late in their careers. It really woulda been a good fight in their LW primes. Two high volume endless cardio hard chin, tall and lanky, scrappy as fuck, good bjj ….

1 Like