Did AJ cut too much weight or cut too fast?

Is 35lbs too much for his size/frame?

(sidenote; if he rehydrated to 211, is that what he started his cut at?)

Edit: I can't count. 211-186=25lbs

"cutting" essentially equals water weight, which is basically a short term process. Don't know how much he cut but yes, 35 pounds would be far too much to do 

Is this an honest question? Phone Post

You'd have to ask AJ, rehydrating to 211 doesn't necessarily mean thats where he started his cut, its more of the range when losing water weight. A real cut begins when a fight starts using a calorie deficit and strict diet to lower their body fat percentage and yet still retain as much strength as possible from when they were bulking. Anthony was clearly attempting to do too much too fast which is why his body shut down.

lol @ too cheaty....but yeah, dude needs to stop messing around before he seriously fucks up his body.

Elias Cepeda -  "cutting" essentially equals water weight, which is basically a short term process. Don't know how much he cut but yes, 35 pounds would be far too much to do 

How about 25?

Tad Ghostal - 
Elias Cepeda -  "cutting" essentially equals water weight, which is basically a short term process. Don't know how much he cut but yes, 35 pounds would be far too much to do 

How about 25?

People have done it but in my non health professional opinion, that does seem like too much water weight to cut to be healthy, yes

If a LW can do it:

Gleison Tibau talks to Tatame about cutting and gaining weight before his UFC 139 fight with Rafael dos Anjos:

"So we lose like 33lbs in a month and we gain like 26, 28lbs to fight. So it’s a good thing. If the guy stands before me, I’ll punch him and he’ll fall, he’ll feel it.

I got there (in the cage) with almost 183lbs. I was really strong. 28lbs in one day. When Rafael stopped before me, I played and he felt. Heavier and stronger. Physically, I’m feeling fine".

What went wrong for AJ?

Tad Ghostal - If a LW can do it:

Gleison Tibau talks to Tatame about cutting and gaining weight before his UFC 139 fight with Rafael dos Anjos:

"So we lose like 33lbs in a month and we gain like 26, 28lbs to fight. So it’s a good thing. If the guy stands before me, I’ll punch him and he’ll fall, he’ll feel it.

I got there (in the cage) with almost 183lbs. I was really strong. 28lbs in one day. When Rafael stopped before me, I played and he felt. Heavier and stronger. Physically, I’m feeling fine".

What went wrong for AJ?

The bigger you are physically the more strenuous weight cutting is, yes you can theoretically cut more weight, but then you're risking so many complications with your body's composition Phone Post

gavinknowles - The bigger you are physically the more strenuous weight cutting is, yes you can theoretically cut more weight, but then you're risking so many complications with your body's composition

Tibau is much smaller than AJ, and AJ cut less weight (or at least rehydrated less). I don't understand how it would be more strenuous for AJ to cut 25 lbs than it would be for Tibau to cut 28 lbs (assuming they cut in the same way).

TTT for an explanation.

All I know is AJ has fought 3 rounds before and not look that gassed. He was done after a minute or so against Vitor.

captain_underwear - everytime he fights when he misses weight he loses

everytime he takes on any competitive fighters he loses

I am glad to see him go

He missed weight against Yoshida and won that fight (even though the AC shouldn't have let that fight happen).

Obvious answer is obvious

He didn't cut enough weight Phone Post

Rickmeister - 
Tad Ghostal -
gavinknowles - The bigger you are physically the more strenuous weight cutting is, yes you can theoretically cut more weight, but then you're risking so many complications with your body's composition

Tibau is much smaller than AJ, and AJ cut less weight (or at least rehydrated less). I don't understand how it would be more strenuous for AJ to cut 25 lbs than it would be for Tibau to cut 28 lbs (assuming they cut in the same way).
He just said he lost it in ONE month. That's completely different than putting on a sauna suit, to go in a sauna to do some cardio in there haha. What I'm trying to say is that AJ obviously had more of a quick cut which made him sick. Also numbers don't mean shit because everybody is different and AJ has been cutting weight the better part of his life through wrestling. Sooner or later the body has enough.

I got there (in the cage) with almost 183lbs. I was really strong. 28lbs in one day."

Tad Ghostal - If a LW can do it:

Tibau ever stood and traded with anyone?

Farewell Brock - Obvious answer is obvious

He didn't cut enough weight Phone Post

Beat me to it Phone Post

At some point it isn't a matter of not cutting enough it's a matter of weighing too much for a certain division.

Not sure what the deal is, but he doesn't cut properly.  Bisping started out his camp with Mayhem at 230 and was able to get down to 185 comfortably.

I think rumble is using the old school wrestling tricks, instead of just doing a modern leaner cut. Yes it may be costly for a nutritionist to come in, but really is there value on your health? Another thing is that weight cutting will not be controlled or restricted until a fighter dies/seriously injured in attempting so, and sad to say that day is bound to come at some point. Which will change the whole dynamic and structure of many divisions Phone Post