Did any fighter develop punching power late?

Matt Serra. Phone Post 3.0

I feel like mighty mouse should be mentioned Phone Post 3.0

Josh Barnett developed some good power later 

Frank Mir too, he was basically a submission guy exclusively then he range Nog's bell and dropped Kongo like a bad habit

Lauzon developed some good pop after years of not being very heavy handed

Tyrone Woodley, Machida. Phone Post 3.0

Demian Maia. Big improvement with his hands. The way he was lighting up Munoz until he gassed was impressive as hell. Phone Post 3.0

Fedor developed KO power with stricter testing. GOAT. Phone Post 3.0

Brian McLaughlin -

Lauzon developed some good pop after years of not being very heavy handed

Really? He KO'd jens pulver a long time ago. Phone Post 3.0

Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, and Dan Henderson are great examples. It's crazy to think that Roy Nelson hits as hard as any HW, and he's only been training boxing and trying to land powershots for a few years.

Hendo and Mir were always powerful men, but they didn't have any sort of refined punching early in their careers, they gravitated towards other things first. Once Hendo, like Nelson got his technique down, he became one of the best bombers in the sport.

Thanks for the old school UG MMA convo. Fuck the TMZ bullshit. Let's talk MMA

Machida. The Thiago Silva fight being his turning point Phone Post 3.0

Also how about Werdum? Phone Post 3.0

Werdum is the best answer

DHK (Dong Hyun Kim) comes to mind. He got reckless like many do after discovering KO power. Phone Post 3.0

Machida is one of the best examples.

Like truevalon said, something changed in the Thiago fight. Before the Thiago fight he had TKO stoppages but they were fue to exaustion and cuts (doctor stoppages) but no one punch KO's and often against much smaller fighters ( BJ had the balls to fght a 225lbs Machida).

I like the Machida example too. I think it's just a matter of him committing to his shots. It looked like he used to pull back on his punches and just concern himself with placement of the shot, then back to defending, when he sat down on those shots, heads rolled.