Did Francis just get chased back to the UFC negotiation table?

Who?

Francis kinda had this one coming. At least he made some money. Retire & enjoy it.

3 Likes

He just got absolutely slaughtered in a high profile fight and his stock tanked. Why would you take him back and potentially have him beat Jones and other up and coming HWs? the logical narrative would be to distance yourself from him or push the narrative that hes a washed up bum and guys like Jones, Aspinall etc would wreck him.

8 Likes

He can fight Jake Paul next.

6 Likes

Can’t see Francis ever fighting mma again

3 Likes

The PFL heavyweight champ that killed Bader

1 Like

OP didn’t even know Ngannou was under contract with PFL, the thread shouldn’t exist lol

3 Likes

Fans are just brutal. After he made it all the way to a close JD against Fury, he was such a star for having made this choice, he wrote his own journey, made the rules, blablabla. Now he is just a chump and worth nothing.

Thankfully for him he made 30M in his 2 boxing bouts. If he loses in his next MMA fight, that will be his last big payday. PFL must be pissed off. With a win or a decent showing tonight, that coming Ngannou MMA bout would have been the most watched outside the UFC since the Pride days.

4 Likes

Thats combat sports for you. The journey from being on top of the world to rock bottom can happen in as long as it takes to get KTFO.

1 Like

And he was broke before that after making hundreds of thousands of dollars in the UFC.

Ppl underestimate Dana’s pettiness. Someone else mentioned it, but it’s true. He’ll avoid signing Francis to spite him and so he can let the PFL burn money paying him to fight.

3 Likes

Ngannou showed other UFC fighters the money and opportunities that are out there and showed them that they don’t have to bow down to Dana.

Dana is desperate to keep his power over the fighters in the UFC, which is evident in the leaked emails etc.

Dana would be extremely happy that all of this resulted in a bad ko loss for Ngannou.

4 Likes

yeah dont wont pay to make good fights because he wants to suppress fighter pay

Dana is laughing so hard right now

1 Like

I feel like I might be naive here, but I think the same. The guys that train regularly at the UFC Performance Institute… how could you do that if you were on bad terms with the company? There’s no shortage of AMAZING gyms out there. It doesn’t add up to me.

1 Like

Okay… returning from a few hours out in the fresh air and reading some of these replies…. it’s evident that I made a dumbass thread. Definitely not my first, and I promise it won’t be my last.

IMG_4454

1 Like

Francis likely made more money tonight than every fighter on ufc 300 will make combined. I don’t think he’s going to be running back to the ufc any time soon.

5 Likes

At this point Francis has no need for the UFC. The HW division is a joke and he just made a boatload of cash. Dude is well off.

4 Likes

Yeah, but they had Conor fight Khabib after he lost to Mayweather.

1 Like

^ ya, but the UFC got to co-promote that. They also made off with a bag…. 25% if I remember correctly.

1 Like