Did Rickson ever lose position?

I know starting a Rickson thread in 2007 is shameful but I was just
watching a couple of ld MMA tapes and it hit me.

Now I don't think that Rickson would do well in modern MMA because
his takedown just aren't good enough. Any top level wrestler would
beat him by not getting taken down and out striking him. However I
think it is amazing that in all his MMA fights once it hit the ground he
never lost position, ie when he had side control no one ever put him in
guard and when he had mount he stayed til he finished.

Shame he hasn't taken any Gracie's under his wing or joined forces
with Renzo, I think they could do wonders together if they could get
past the my side of the family your sde of the family bullshit. His
ground game is spotless. And the position he always worked to,
holding the oppents arm accross his neck from behind and punching
the face with the other hand, imagine that with elbows.

1 1/2

I've seen great pure boxers, MT fighters, Judakas, etc..., but who cares 'cause they were not mma fighters. Fighting one or ten hand picked cans does not make Rickson an mma fighter.

^^^ True - the caliber of competition that he faced was nowhere near the standards of today's fighters.

He was alot of fun to watch against clueless fighters and pro wrestlers, just because of the ease in which he beat them.

But replace Bud Smith with Fedor, Replace Yamamoto with Sakuraba, etc. and you most likely see him lose back then.

10 years ago Rickson probably would have beaten Fedor and Sakuraba

yeah but we couldn't replace could we?

Fedor was what? 18 if that... when Rickson was first fighting in Japan

"10 years ago Rickson probably would have beaten Fedor and Sakuraba"

10 years ago? Try today! There is no one in mma who could beat rickson even today. Fedor, sakuraba, couture, chuck, wanderlei, sylvia, nog, cro-cop, etc... rickson would tool them all.

"There is also nothing in the solar system that could beat Rickson today. He would defeat any Martian or Venusian. His record could be ten million-0."

dana white would beat him in a boxing match.

Two words... Chuck Norris

It wasn't close

rickson actually lost a sambo or judo fight by getting tossed.

the "gracie excuse" then flew out in his defense that he did not know the rules.

imagine how powerful rickson would be if he had the infinity gauntlet?!?!?

Rickson sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Rickson got the clinch, took down, mounted, and armbarred the devil and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

Rickson has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.

A blind man once stepped on Ricksons' shoe. Rickson replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Rickson Gracie!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this man ever saw, was a fatal RNC delivered by Rickson Gracie.

In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Rickson Gracie, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.

A Handicap parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Rickson Gracie and that you will be handicapped if you park there.

Rickson Gracie frequently donates blood to the Red Cross. Just never his own.

If paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, and scissors beats paper, what beats all 3 at the same time? Answer: Rickson Gracie.

Rickson Gracie doesn?t believe in Germany.

If you want a list of Rickson Gracies? enemies, just check the extinct species list.

Rickson Gracie owns the greatest poker face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, and a green number 4 from Uno and a monopoly ?get out of jail free? card.

One time while sparring with Wolverine, Rickson Gracie accidentally lost his left testicle. You might be familiar with it to this very day by its technical term: Jupiter.

Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Rickson Gracie to die before they attack.

Coincidently, I'm a fan of Rickson. I just couldn't pass this up.

hahah

In Rickson/Takada 2, Takada pushes Rickson off the mount for a second before getting mounted again.

Ron Tripp threw him for Ippon. I think that counts as losing position.