Did the Brown-Lawler fight protect Hendricks?

Johny is probably the UFC champion most likely to lose his title. He fights in a division of killers. I find it odd that the UFC matched up a guy he already beat while injured with a guy who will never win a title in 2014 to find his next challenger, when dangerous fighters like Tyron Woodley and Rory MacDonald aren't given consideration.

Trying to legitimize Hendricks with a successful defense? 

the lawler fight was really close and alot of ppl think johnny lost, and brown was on a huge winning streak. Phone Post 3.0

jmont - the lawler fight was really close and alot of ppl think johnny lost, and brown was on a huge winning streak. Phone Post 3.0

but not against top guys. 

Booking a rematch against Lawler isn't protecting him. Robbie is probably the most dangerous guy in the division. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - Booking a rematch against Lawler isn't protecting him. Robbie is probably the most dangerous guy in the division. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - Booking a rematch against Lawler isn't protecting him. Robbie is probably the most dangerous guy in the division. Phone Post 3.0
This. How is booking anyone against Lawler in anyway protecting them? If anything it's a punishment Phone Post 3.0

Firstly, it appears that people have used the 'look at his face bro' scoring system rather than the actual scoring system for both of Hendrick's last two fights.

Still don't understand how people think Lawler won the Hendricks fight at all. As obvious a 3-2 fight as I have ever seen. The rounds they both won were as clear as day.

And I hate Hendricks and think he lost to GSP according to the actual scoring system too.

Secondly, it doesn't matter that Lawler lost the Hendricks fight. It was close enough that subsequent victories over two legitimate opponents has earned him another shot.

He didn't deserve the type of immediate Barao-Dillashawesque rematch that the Ultimate Rematch Championship is famous for.

But unlike those cases, this rematch is deserved and makes perfect sense.

But while Lawler has earned the shot, I think the Canadian Psycho is a tougher fight for Hendricks.

Dr Doom - But while Lawler has earned the shot, I think the Canadian Psycho is a tougher fight for Hendricks.

I think he might get his shot with another win.

I don't think zuffa would want to protect Hendricks. He's just not as marketable as someone like Robbie, Condit or Rory Mac. I would expect to see all 3 of those guys get a shot.

Big Pookie - 
Dr Doom - But while Lawler has earned the shot, I think the Canadian Psycho is a tougher fight for Hendricks.

I don't think zuffa would want to protect Hendricks. He's just not as marketable as someone like Robbie, Condit or Rory Mac. I would expect to see all 3 of those guys get a shot.

I agree.

Hendricks is annoying, doesn't have the look they want and is just generally unlikeable, so he won't become a fan-favourite.

If he abandons his wrestling and just focuses on landing Hendro bombs, this would change a little. But I don't see it happening.

Rory Mac isn't marketable because of his personality. But if they can push the GSP angle to a nation in need of a new MMA star.

Lawler and Condit are both clearly marketable.

Dr Doom - Firstly, it appears that people have used the 'look at his face bro' scoring system rather than the actual scoring system for both of Hendrick's last two fights.

Still don't understand how people think Lawler won the Hendricks fight at all. As obvious a 3-2 fight as I have ever seen. The rounds they both won were as clear as day.

And I hate Hendricks and think he lost to GSP according to the actual scoring system too.

Secondly, it doesn't matter that Lawler lost the Hendricks fight. It was close enough that subsequent victories over two legitimate opponents has earned him another shot.

He didn't deserve the type of immediate Barao-Dillashawesque rematch that the Ultimate Rematch Championship is famous for.

But unlike those cases, this rematch is deserved and makes perfect sense.
Those are the same "look at his face" people that thought hendricks beat GSP in their fight. Phone Post 3.0

I dont think so.

I don't know but I was just thinking today that I haven't heard anything from Hendricks and I think that's a good thing. For me and him

I'm ready for Hendricks to lose his title and never get it back.

Lawlor beat mcdonald... He also should have won or even if not that first fight was tough.... Woodley didnt beat condit... So in my opinon lawlor is still number 1 contender Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo -
jmont - the lawler fight was really close and alot of ppl think johnny lost, and brown was on a huge winning streak. Phone Post 3.0

but not against top guys. 

no arguement there, but a win over lawler wouldve earned him a title shot imo. Phone Post 3.0

would have loved to see lawler vs diaz for the belt

badrun - I'm ready for Hendricks to lose his title and never get it back.
. Phone Post 3.0

Dr Doom -
Big Pookie - 

I agree.

Hendricks is annoying, doesn't have the look they want and is just generally unlikeable, so he won't become a fan-favourite.

If he abandons his wrestling and just focuses on landing Hendro bombs, this would change a little. But I don't see it happening.

Rory Mac isn't marketable because of his personality. But if they can push the GSP angle to a nation in need of a new MMA star.

Lawler and Condit are both clearly marketable.
Why does he need to abandon his wrestling for fans to like him?

You think that all fans only like guys that throw H bombs all night? That would actually piss me off.

There is nothing boring about his style. The dude is a stud and comes to bang, mixes up his wrestling and boxing very well.

So what if he complains? So do most other fighters. I'm here to watch the guy fight, not be his best friend.

Sure he did admit to coasting in the fifth round against GSP, but he more than made up for that by bringing the war to Robbie.

I would love to see Lawler as champ, but I like to see Johny holding the belt.

We should be appreciating exciting champions. Phone Post 3.0

Zuffa hopes to see that Canadian guy with the belt next.

I'm hoping for Lombard to spoil that for them.