Did ufc have a heads up about Gus' injury?

And perhaps that's why the McGregor/Poirier fight got added? 178 was set to be a super stacked card topped with a highly anticipated rematch. The fact they added yet another pretty big name to the card got me thinking, great who's gonna get injured? And the next day, boom. I'm not saying DC isn't a good fight for jones. I'm way excited for that shit. Just wanna know your guys' thoughts Phone Post 3.0

Conor's really not a big name yet. He'll probably get a good push for this card but he's largely unknown to the casual fanbase. Phone Post 3.0

I am sure they knew at least within the last 2-3 days.  The UFC called Cormier early yesterday morning.  I am sure the brass met the night before and decided which fight to offer Jones. 

I am sure they had to wait for final word from Gus' camp or Dr. regarding the severity of his injury.

da Vinci 81 - Conor's really not a big name yet. He'll probably get a good push for this card but he's largely unknown to the casual fanbase. Phone Post 3.0
Curious as to how Conor isn't a big name yet. The last event centered around him, pretty much the Conor McGregor hype show. Sure he's just cracking the top 12 now but he definitely is a big name. Phone Post 3.0

da Vinci 81 - Conor's really not a big name yet. He'll probably get a good push for this card but he's largely unknown to the casual fanbase. Phone Post 3.0
In my opinion, they are putting Connor on a big name card to showcase him to eventually make a star out of him Phone Post 3.0

Jones vs Cormier is much bigger than Jones/Gus II imo.

Dupes - 
Curious as to how Conor isn't a big name yet. The last event centered around him, pretty much the Conor McGregor hype show. Sure he's just cracking the top 12 now but he definitely is a big name. Phone Post 3.0

How many people do you actually think saw that show?

orcus - Jones vs Cormier is much bigger than Jones/Gus II imo.

I'm with this guy. I think that no matter who won the Gus/Jones fight it was going to be a similar close kickboxing match that went 5 rounds. Fresh blood bring fresh intrigue