Did Vera and Silva have beef before the fight?

Cause if not and he just spontaneously started to try and humiliate Vera instead of trying to finish him, then he's a bit of a douche. Bad image for the sport.

That being said, Vera needs to go somewhere else.

Yeah it all started when Vera refused to take bongo playing lessons from Thiago

Clipsburgh - Thiago tried getting an arm around Vera's neck the whole time he was punching him and slapping him in the last round.

True, i guess i'm just trying to figure out why he wanted to humiliate Vera. It just doesn't seem very professional. If they had a problem with eachother before hand then it would make more sense.

donniejessup - i see what you did there mr expert lip reader.

Is this directed at me? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, so i guess i don't see what you did there.

I assumed by the way the first round ended and the way Thiago posed over him, there must have been something personal going on. But I am unaware of what it is.

Skillrules -  I assumed by the way the first round ended and the way Thiago posed over him, there must have been something personal going on. But I am unaware of what it is.

Hey man are you really the creator of this forum? If so what's the deal with these "old school" guys saying stuff like "10'er gonna 10". Does this mean that they would like to shut down registration and only talk to people who registered years ago? I'm really confused about it. Not saying you are one of those guys but since you've been on this forum for a decade, thought i'd ask you about it.

GodSaveTheQueen - I didn't think there was anything really wrong with what Thiago was doing. It makes a nice change from all the glove touching and hugging that usually goes on.

For once,

I agree with you.

I'm not opposed to a fighter fouling his opponent when the guy goes out of his way to try and humiliate or get overly cute with who he's fighting.  "oh my bad dog, didn't mean to kick you in the nuts I swear."

CoolStoryBrah - Cause if not and he just spontaneously started to try and humiliate Vera instead of trying to finish him, then he's a bit of a douche. Bad image for the sport.

10ers gona 10. I remember the first time I watched the ufc.

jkkazmier - 
CoolStoryBrah - Cause if not and he just spontaneously started to try and humiliate Vera instead of trying to finish him, then he's a bit of a douche. Bad image for the sport.

lol, but remem ber, when you started watching UFC, it wasnt a 'sport'

still isnt imho, fistfight for cash yo!

^^^true dat. How you been dawg?

I think it was gamesmanship, Silva wanted Vera to engage so he could get inside and negate the reach advantage, which is what seemed to happen. Vera is normally good at staying outside and picking shots. Actually a smart tactic from silva and within the rules.

CoolStoryBrah - 
Skillrules -  I assumed by the way the first round ended and the way Thiago posed over him, there must have been something personal going on. But I am unaware of what it is.

Hey man are you really the creator of this forum? If so what's the deal with these "old school" guys saying stuff like "10'er gonna 10". Does this mean that they would like to shut down registration and only talk to people who registered years ago? I'm really confused about it. Not saying you are one of those guys but since you've been on this forum for a decade, thought i'd ask you about it.
10'ers gonna 10 is exactly what you think it is.

jkkazmier - 

hahaha bro, your funny. by the way it's spelled "gonna" dawg. sorry your butt hurts cause someone is intruding on a forum where you live out some 'elite' status you'll never acheive in 'real' life. crazy dawg!

akebh - 
CoolStoryBrah - 

Thanks for confirming. Now i can truly have a real laugh at anyone who says it.

CoolStoryBrah - 
akebh - 
CoolStoryBrah - 

Thanks for confirming. Now i can truly have a real laugh at anyone who's joindate says it.
FIXED

akebh - 
CoolStoryBrah - 
akebh - 
CoolStoryBrah - 

Thanks for confirming. Now i can truly have a real laugh at anyone who's joindate says it.
FIXED

Brah!! Stop that RIGHT NOW! You are seriously cracking me up.

Thiago had horsemeat, not beef.

garfner - Thiago always acts like that. When he first came on the scene I thought he was the meanest fighter since Abbot. But in his interviews he comes across like a good guy. Just a ring persona I think.

It's refreshing to get a legit response from someone with a join date stretching back a few years. Usually it's people saying "tenor something or other" while it's the "10'ers" who are actually contributing to the conversation.

rbl -  I think it was gamesmanship, Silva wanted Vera to engage so he could get inside and negate the reach advantage, which is what seemed to happen. Vera is normally good at staying outside and picking shots. Actually a smart tactic from silva and within the rules.

Somewhat related, Thiago Silva said as much at the postfight press conference regarding the open hand strikes: He was using them to distract/open up Brandon Vera, exposing him to shots and potential submissions.