Didn't Like Andy's Performance? GET YELLOW CARDS!

I know this has been discussed too many times, but the yellow card would have been a great solution to the problem that is Anderson Silva being bored and toying with his opponents. Fuck with his money until he's ready to fight. If he still wants to dance instead of fight, DQ him and strip him.

I have to say tho, I think he's gone Office Space on the UFC. Kinda like wanting to get fired so you can collect unemployment. Who knows what he wants to do. Whatever it is, it seems that it's not wanting to defend his title.

No more bitching, it's time for solutions.

It is illegal to withhold a portion of a fighters purse in America. But maybe they could have done it in Abu Dhabi?. If it is legal there, then yeah...He should have gotten a yellow card every round. So many that he would end up owing Dana money after that fiasco.

EvilMaster - It is illegal to withhold a portion of a fighters purse in America. But maybe they could have done it in Abu Dhabi?. If it is legal there, then yeah...He should have gotten a yellow card every round. So many that he would end up owing Dana money after that fiasco.

Very interesting. I didn't know that. Maybe there could be some other sort of "motivation." Have any suggestions?

Hmmm....Maybe Dana could do his own yellow card type thing but instead of taking money out of the fighters guaranteed purse (which would be illegal)...He could strip money out of any win bonuses that the fighter might get for winning.

I dunno...Might be worth looking at. Maybe even just a transfer of the money from the offending fighters bonus to the opponents bonus. That could be incentive enough.

For every round that Anderson is in with a joke of an opponent, Dana should be penalized with a yellow card that increases Andersons' purse by 10%

agreed. They need to get the AC to allow this.

Ref can take a point away for timidity, which in fact is what he threatened to do.

No need to add "yellow cards".

EvilMaster - Hmmm....Maybe Dana could do his own yellow card type thing but instead of taking money out of the fighters guaranteed purse (which would be illegal)...He could strip money out of any win bonuses that the fighter might get for winning.

I dunno...Might be worth looking at.

There has to be some sort of suitable punishment. It seems like an abuse of a loophole in the rules. He's dancing in the ring through that loophole. If you're seriously outclassing an opponent, a simple point deduction wouldn't be enough to take the fight from you.

Maybe a yellow could stand for a double point deduction, it's enough to motivate you or you'll get the fight taken away from you.

Take a point or two away for not pressing the fight, or inactivity. The referee should be able to do this.

I absolutely think it would make the fight more exciting.

Spidermonkey - Take a point or two away for not pressing the fight, or inactivity. The referee should be able to do this.

The referee can and should have done this under the current rules. A warning with 50s left after that debacle was almost worse than nothing at all.

I say corporal punishment. 12 lashes, that sort of thing. Post it at UFC.com

Spidermonkey - Take a point or two away for not pressing the fight, or inactivity. The referee should be able to do this.

I like it, but I think a double point deduction in the form of a yellow is a serious motivator. 2 yellows equals 4 points, that's enough to completely screw yourself. In a championship fight, that's equivalent to losing 4 rounds. Of course after the double yellow comes DQ, but I think a DQ off of double yellow should cost you your belt if your champ.

holly9000 - I say corporal punishment. 12 lashes, that sort of thing. Post it at UFC.com

In the past, the sheik has imprisoned an athlete that acted disrespectfully during an event he hosted (ADCC). Held for 2 months and allegedly tortured (according to the athlete).

TheBlazilian - 

I like it, but I think a double point deduction in the form of a yellow is a serious motivator. 2 yellows equals 4 points, that's enough to completely screw yourself. In a championship fight, that's equivalent to losing 4 rounds. Of course after the double yellow comes DQ, but I think a DQ off of double yellow should cost you your belt if your champ.

DQ costs you your belt regardless, it's a loss.

GladiatorGannon - 
TheBlazilian - 

DQ costs you your belt regardless, it's a loss.

I figured, but I wanted to cover my bases. What do you think about yellows being a double point deduction?

Nagster5 - 

The referee can and should have done this under the current rules. A warning with 50s left after that debacle was almost worse than nothing at all.
We see eye to eye here.  Use the rules to change behavior.

" What do you think about yellows being a double point deduction?"

Horrible idea and easy way to fix fights. Basically you would have the ref easily being able to determine the winner of any fight that goes the distance simply by deciding one guy is "inactive" entirely on his own (or his bankroller's) discretion. Or at least there'd be a lot of draws.

OP is a fag and should stfu

TheBlazilian - 
EvilMaster - Hmmm....Maybe Dana could do his own yellow card type thing but instead of taking money out of the fighters guaranteed purse (which would be illegal)...He could strip money out of any win bonuses that the fighter might get for winning.

I dunno...Might be worth looking at.

There has to be some sort of suitable punishment. It seems like an abuse of a loophole in the rules. He's dancing in the ring through that loophole. If you're seriously outclassing an opponent, a simple point deduction wouldn't be enough to take the fight from you.

Maybe a yellow could stand for a double point deduction, it's enough to motivate you or you'll get the fight taken away from you.

Or you could just take a second point away. The rules already allow the ref to take appropriate action, it's just that he chose to not enforce it (except for a warning in the last minute). That warning should have happened in the 3rd round (and the point if Timidity continued). And another point in the 4th round if it still continued. Make it clear that he won't win the fight if he refuses to fight.

Nate Quarry could teach Maia a thing or two about how to chase a fighter around an octagon.