Diego not in EA UFC?

I know it's been mentioned in a couple of different threads but does anyone have the inside track as to why? It seems like a very strange ommission, considering his name value. Whats the most likely reason?

Saving for DLC? Contract dispute?

As much as I love Diego at the end of the day the game is the first of its kind and they've had to start from scratch. Priority for each weight class would of been the top ten fighters I'd of thought. I don't think he's even in the top 15 is he? I'd like to see them release a ufc legends game of fighters in their primes. Then he would be in that. But for now I reckon he might make dlc if his game picks up. Phone Post 3.0

Ironically when the ea judges got down to deciding the final pick for the lw roster they voted against diego. Phone Post 3.0

WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend - Ironically when the ea judges got down to deciding the final pick for the lw roster they voted against diego. Phone Post 3.0

hah

I believe Diego said somewhere recently (MMA Hour?) that he was told he'd be in the game as DLC.

MayhemMatthews - As much as I love Diego at the end of the day the game is the first of its kind and they've had to start from scratch. Priority for each weight class would of been the top ten fighters I'd of thought. I don't think he's even in the top 15 is he? I'd like to see them release a ufc legends game of fighters in their primes. Then he would be in that. But for now I reckon he might make dlc if his game picks up. Phone Post 3.0

There isn't one thing you said that isn't true, but if you compare Diego to a number of the people who did make the cut, you are left scratching your head a little bit.

Pascal Krauss?
Ross Pearson even (lets avoid talking about that decision if possible lol)
what about Forrest Griffin? As a comparision, both TUF 1 alumni, both have had title shots (granted Forrest won his)

Just my two cents. I get that he isnt technically ranked in either of his weightclassses anymore so i suppose thats the reason.

There are a few fighters im suprised are not on there, the worst being tj but definetly thought diago would be on the roster

Schaub
Matt brown Phone Post 3.0

TJ is listed on wikipedia as on the roster ... but i havent played the game yet, only bought the xbone and the game this morning but im in work so havent been able to confirm yet.

Yes this is the longest day ever. Need 5:30pm to hit ASAP so I can hook that baby up and start playing.

After playing the game a lot pretty much all the fighters play the same and have the same moves... So I don't understand why so many people didn't make the cut, there's nothing really unique between fighters. Phone Post 3.0

Is Koscheck in the game? Phone Post 3.0

Bay Area - Is Koscheck in the game? Phone Post 3.0
Yup Phone Post 3.0

Diego would be perfect for button mashers. Just like his real style Phone Post 3.0

KingD87 - After playing the game a lot pretty much all the fighters play the same and have the same moves... So I don't understand why so many people didn't make the cut, there's nothing really unique between fighters. Phone Post 3.0
I was thinking the same Phone Post 3.0

Freaken Dong Hyun Kim or Hyun Gyu Lim isn't in the game either Phone Post 3.0

Is the full game better than the demo? I'm undecided about wether to get it or not, the demo was ok but I've not finished watchdogs yet so don't know if I should hold off on this until a price drop Phone Post 3.0

Don't worry, you get Bruce Lee and a bunch of other guys in multiple weight classes. You're welcome. Phone Post 3.0

One of the more baffling omissions from the main game. TUF 1 champion and exciting fan favorite for almost a decade.

He should have been a priority fighter to be included in the main roster, regardless of his ranking.

Is vitor in it ? Phone Post 3.0

They removed him after a glitch was discovered. The Diego character couldn't move laterally. Also, for some reason his strikes would miss the other player no matter the striking distance. At the end of the round, his character would spaz out an spin around in circles uncontrollably. When the fight was over, no matter what..... He wins. As soon as the judges cards were announced, the disk would eject in protest.

Crazy shit. They decided that the virtual world was better without that character. I heard that the leftover code from the Diego character is now haunting Tony Robbins Gmail account. Phone Post 3.0

Is Jon Jones in the game? Phone Post 3.0