Diego Sanchez feels 'fresh' despite 500 stitches

Diego Sanchez employs a painfully fan-friendly style, and has been doing it in the UFC since TUF 1. No other cast members remain, a fact he is proud of ahead of his fight on Saturday.

"I have an objective and that is to go in there and pull off the most cleanest, precision, razor-sharp skills," said Sanchez, as transcribed by Shakiel Mahjouri for MMA Mania. "I'm going out there to display my skills. I have a skillset. I have been training for a long time and this year I have a lot of new techniques, movements and mindsets to my MMA IQ. With this, I'm going out there to show you a whole new and improved, adapted Diego Sanchez. I have adapted once again. I have evolved once again."

"That is why I am still here and holding the longest UFC career. This is something that people don't really talk about so much. I'm still here. Ain't no one keep me out. You go look back and look at The Ultimate Fighter season one, ain't nobody looking this young and fresh. Ain't no one taking 1,672 strikes. Ain't no one have 500 stitches on his face and still looking clean. Still being able to speak. These are things that I'm bringing into the cage."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4UEW3J4vGc&feature=emb_title

Diego Sanchez fights Michel Pereira in the co-main event of UFC on ESPN+ 25 on Saturday, February 15 at the Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see where this guys head is at in 10 years.  Wonder bow many of those stiches were from BJ and Gil.

Diego CTE Sanchez

2 Likes
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

Diego CTE Sanchez

Asshole

2 Likes

Diego is bringing "still being able to speak" into the cage. 

Watch out fuckers! 

4 Likes
cantuna4u - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

Diego CTE Sanchez

Asshole

Sorry Diego

3 Likes

fucking guy needs to stop fighting

2 Likes

In for Evolved Diego 

Gartlin -

Watch out fuckers! 

Lol

2 Likes

Hard not to pull for Diego 

He needs to retire man

TUF 1 highlights

My exgf once said prolapsing felt good. 

Diego's eggs were scrambled to start with.

All those shots are actually compacting the mushy brain matter together.

1 Like
Gartlin -

Watch out fuckers! 

Brilliant

Hes essentially done but man what a career to watch play out. Always enjoyed a Diego fight.

Diego is an animal when it comes to conditioning. He's fighting a guy who, in his last fight, missed weight, gassed badly, and (deservedly) lost a UD to a fighter straight off the regional circuit who normally fights at 155. (Pereira's last opponent, Tristan Connelly, not only picked up a $100K FOTN bonus but also got a UFC contract and will be fighting in April.)

The fight is at high altitude - over 5,000 feet - so Pereira might start struggling with cardio if the fight goes past the first round.  Diego is a slight +145 underdog in this fight. If the odds were bigger I'd say he would make a nice underdog play for the gamblers, but he's still good to go as part of a parlay. Or you can bet the prop odds of +1000 for "Sanchez by sub."

Ha ha, sorry, when it comes to Diego my advice will be based on what my heart tells me, not what my head says. Still: War Diego!

1 Like
Tug Dabone -

Diego is an animal when it comes to conditioning. He's fighting a guy who, in his last fight, missed weight, gassed badly, and (deservedly) lost a UD to a fighter straight off the regional circuit who normally fights at 155. (Pereira's last opponent, Tristan Connelly, not only picked up a $100K FOTN bonus but also got a UFC contract and will be fighting in April.)

The fight is at high altitude - over 5,000 feet - so Pereira might start struggling with cardio if the fight goes past the first round.  Diego is a slight +145 underdog in this fight. If the odds were bigger I'd say he would make a nice underdog play for the gamblers, but he's still good to go as part of a parlay. Or you can bet the prop odds of +1000 for "Sanchez by sub."

Ha ha, sorry, when it comes to Diego my advice will be based on what my heart tells me, not what my head says. Still: War Diego!

Why would you parlay an underdog? That's just dumb.

The man was seventy-six years old! Diego Sanchez always lies about his age! He lies about his age all the time! One time, Dana White came in here, and sat in this chair. I say, "Dana, you hang out with Diego Sanchez. Just between me and you, how old is Diego Sanchez?" Know what Dana told me? He said "Hey, Diego Sanchez is a hundred thirty-seven years old." A hundred and thirty-seven years old! 

Its a shame he doesnt have people around him or a team that is looking out for his best interest. He will continue to have his brain turned into smashed potatoes while those he thinks are his friends leach off of him. 

He should have hung the gloves up several years ago. I just hope he still has enough brain matter to be able to cognizantly put together some form of retirement fund(s).