Diego should retire talk

I've been hearing lots of forum members say that maybe he should retire for the sake of his brain. First i want to say that i care about a fighters health,but i do realize that fighters fight,and some handle punches better than others.

I personally think that Diego has more time left in the sport and I think he's going to be a force at 155.

Yes,he's taken his lumps
Yes,he's had some nasty cuts
Yes,he's tenacious and will eat 3 to give one

That being said,he's never been ko'd,or submitted.He's mentally stronger than almost any other fighter in the game.
He can not only take a punch,but several,and still come back and dang near KO his opponent.His will does something to his opponents head.It's really inspiring to watch.

He's the very definition of a fighter.He has no quit in him.I think he's more intelligent than people give him credit for and knows where he's at.

I understand the concern people have,but i do think people tend to overreact at times. I wish the guy the best like i would any fighter that steps in and puts it all on the line.

If he can still fight like he did last night, no way he should retire.

I think people should not base things on how someone sounds right after a fight like that. I know I can't speak clearly after any grueling activity. Phone Post 3.0

WTF he nearly ko'ed the number 2 guy. He's still top 10 imo. Phone Post 3.0

THE CACTUS KID - I've been hearing lots of forum members say that maybe he should retire for the sake of his brain. First i want to say that i care about a fighters health,but i do realize that fighters fight,and some handle punches better than others.

I personally think that Diego has more time left in the sport and I think he's going to be a force at 155.

Yes,he's taken his lumps
Yes,he's had some nasty cuts
Yes,he's tenacious and will eat 3 to give one

That being said,he's never been ko'd,or submitted.He's mentally stronger than almost any other fighter in the game.
He can not only take a punch,but several,and still come back and dang near KO his opponent.His will does something to his opponents head.It's really inspiring to watch.

He's the very definition of a fighter.He has no quit in him.I think he's more intelligent than people give him credit for and knows where he's at.

I understand the concern people have,but i do think people tend to overreact at times. I wish the guy the best like i would any fighter that steps in and puts it all on the line.
I agree 100% Phone Post 3.0

He's the very definition of a fighter, he has solid technique but he's a brawler through and through. Always been a favorite of mine. Phone Post

The guy still has an iron chin.If he starts getting KO'd then it's time to start retirement talk. Phone Post 3.0

I think alot of this is reacting to the post fight interview, but I think anyone would have sounded a little scrambled at that point. He seemed much more lucid at the presser. Phone Post

I was hoping to he would announce his retirement after that fight, since he lost and he won't be getting a title shot anytime soon.

I mean, I love watching him fight, but he's been in so many wars, and gets beat up so much.

I thought this was a request for Diego to stop talking for himself because he always sounds so retarded.

If your entrance into the cage is a cartwheel and screaming "YES" - then there is no reason to retire anytime soon. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think Diego should retire as long as he hasn't been KOd too many times. He passes the medicals and still has all of the skill he needs to be in there. I do think he should get some plastic surgery to do something about that scar tissue though so he doesn't get cut so easily. Phone Post 3.0

He gets cut badly in every fight, and he's starting to remind me of a MMA version of Vito Antuofermo, but he's still capable of competing with the best the division has to offer. I don't get the rear naked choke attempts when he hurts his opponents late in fights, but aside from that I can't complain, Diego's a beast! Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, he should consider retirement as much as all the other tuf1 alumni.

I somewhat agree with you. I don't think Diego should retire just yet but he definitely needs to fight a little smarter than he has. He's tough as nails but has never been that great on his feet and still isn't. Now, unlike him earlier in his career he doesn't take the fight to the ground where he's always been a monster. Although it makes for exciting fights and wars it's just not smart or healthy. You're right he's never been ko'ed but the accumulation of punches, regardless if he was knocked out or not, can do much more damage especially over time. I've never really liked or disliked him as a fighter but have tons of respect for him. He's definitely a hall of famer imo and I hate to see someone (or anyone really) who was/is a big part of bringing the sport to where it's at today take the kind of punishment he has in his last few fights. Win or not.