Difference between Mundial #7 and #9 pants?

Aside from slight differences in detailing I can't see anything in descriptions or pictures setting these apart.

Huh, so everyone who has Mundial #7s likes them so much that they haven't bought #9s to be able to say, "They're the same"?

the pants ar eprety much the same thing. Only difference I can see is that the little atama patch on the thigh is vertical on the #7 and it is horizontal on the #9. Other than that, really no difference.
* Side note: Since I've started wearing these pants I really don't want to go back to the "normal" type of pants. I love these pants

Yeah, I felt the same way when I got my Keiko pants. I threw out my old ones. I'm looking to get a pair of atamas too simply so I'm not dealing with having them in the wash for training and I like to shop around when I find something good to make sure I'm not settling for 2nd best.

So basically, go for whichever one I can get in my size for the cheapest?

I feel like they are different. I think they are both great even though they do appear to be made out of different material. The #9 seems lighter and more breathable. I can't prove that it is just IMHO. I love the #9 gi.

i've heard the #9 pants are baggier but maybe thats just for a couple of people.

From the Atama website

"In developing a successor to one of our most popular kimonos, the mundial model #7, we took feedback from our customers and determined that the only improvement needed was a facelift. The Mundial Model #9 is the same material and cut as the Mundial Model #7. The only difference is the color scheme of the embroidery. This kimono is made from "Carioca Weave" material, has no seam on the back, and has no "skirt", it is one piece construction. Additionally, the collar and pants are made from "rip stop" material. This is reinforced material to give greater strength and tear resistance in a lighter material. Includes all embroidery/patches as pictured. Perfect for training or competition. Tapered body and sleeves to leave less for your opponent to grab and cut roomy in the shoulders for mobility. (Does not include belt)

The differences there refer to the to jacket, not the pants. Unless you were using that to illustrate that there was no difference.

"
I feel like they are different. I think they are both great even though they do appear to be made out of different material. The #9 seems lighter and more breathable. I can't prove that it is just IMHO. I love the #9 gi. "

Any effect on performance, or would you forget which one you were wearing in the middle of rolling?

"The differences there refer to the to jacket, not the pants."

Incorrect. Except for the color scheme of the entire gis, there are no differences listed between them in the description.

I didn't realise the Mundial 7 jacket collars were made from rip-stop.

laqueus - The differences there refer to the to jacket, not the pants. Unless you were using that to illustrate that there was no difference.

"
I feel like they are different. I think they are both great even though they do appear to be made out of different material. The #9 seems lighter and more breathable. I can't prove that it is just IMHO. I love the #9 gi. "

Any effect on performance, or would you forget which one you were wearing in the middle of rolling?

They do feel more cofortable to me and that helps with performance. I am totally open minded to the fact that it could be just mental. I freaking love this gi though.

So if I get Mundial #9 pants I might have an edge or I might just get something as good as #7s but can't go any worse?

You will finish more omo-platas in the #7. #9 lessens the opportunity for opponents to pass.

Their new ultra light has these pants and the rip stop material on the collar. It's a really good deal on a gi. Most comfortable gi I've owned. Much nicer than the Koral ultra light by miles.