Dillon Danis Doing Dana

Dillon Danis is no longer a Bellator fighter, and heā€™s eyeing a spot on the UFC roster.

MMA journalist Ariel Helwani reported that Danis was released from his Bellator contract over the weekend. ā€œEl Jefeā€ hadnā€™t had a fight under the Bellator banner since June 2019.

ā€œDillon Danis is a free agent. Bellator officially released Danis this weekend, sources say,ā€ Helwani wrote.

ā€œWe about to make a lot of money, @danawhite,ā€ Danis wrote.

Dillon Danis splitting from Bellator hasnā€™t come as much of a surprise. Danis did not express much interest in returning for a fight in the promotion, and Bellator President Scott Coker consistently told reporters that the ball was in Danisā€™ court in terms of an MMA return.

Danis was recently in action for a boxing match against Logan Paul. ā€œEl Jefeā€ was disqualified for his antics during the fight, attempting to put Paul in a guillotine choke.

Ahead of the grudge match, Danis appeared on ā€œThe MMA Hourā€ and told Ariel Helwani that he needed to pay Bellator a significant amount of money in order to fight Paul.

ā€œI donā€™t know if Iā€™m allowed to talk about how I had to do that because Showtime and DAZN are rivals, so I had to pay a hefty fee. Itā€™s a lot of money. What Iā€™m paying Coker to let me fight is more than probably every UFC (fighter makes),ā€ Danis said on The MMA Hour. ā€œ(Not to let me out, but to fight). Iā€™m still with them. It would be different if I was with Showtime, because Showtime, they have a deal with them.ā€

Dillon Danis is a free agent after getting released from his contract with Bellator MMA.

Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Saturday following an initial report on Twitter from Ariel Helwani.

Danis only fought under the Bellator banner twice, his only two professional MMA bouts, however his last fight took place all the way back in 2019. The multi-time grappling champion scored a pair of submission wins, although he was obviously still very early in his career, with his two opponents holding a combined 5-8 record.

Following his most recent fight in 2019, Danis dealt with injuries that prevented him from making his return, although that didnā€™t stop him from eventually pursuing a side career as part of the influencer boxing scene.

Feed him CM Punk.

4 Likes

Itā€™s sort of sad for this guy because he clearly had potential but he completely derailed. At this point I donā€™t see what major organization would care about him.

7 Likes

I wish he would go away. He has utterly embarrassed himself

9 Likes

Danis could headline any card in Brazil.

I would love to see him in the UFC. The hype would be sensational

2 Likes

Dana will make him fight in the contender series or TUF.

5 Likes

Heā€™s actually perfect for TUF. Just a complete jerkoff who will cause problems

6 Likes

Epic Leben Browning

1 Like

No it wouldnā€™t.

3 Likes

I just donā€™t see any situation where Dana would be interested in signing him.

7 Likes

There might be room for him in the UFC after all. Just checked his IG follower count, surprisingly not bad at 4M followers. Certainly not A-Lister level like Hasbulla at 9M followers. Dana can give Dillion a nice job as the official roving fool. The official ā€˜UFC Goofā€™. He can be the target in dunk tanks at UFC Expoā€™s. Dress up in clown suits for UFC Make-A-Wish publicity shots etc. etc. Thereā€™s always room for a cheap fool somewhere.

1 Like

Honestly, Danis would her stopped by pretty much every UFC debit guy on the roster. The only welterweights on the roster he could have beat in the last 7-8 year were Mike Jackson and CM punk.

Danis vs a Paul brother in mma, would sell like crazy unfortunately.

2 Likes

They would sign him to do Conor a favor in heartbeat if Danis really wanted a fight in the UFC.

Dana could make him a human punching bag but heā€™s useless as a fighter.

1 Like