Disappointed to learn that Dan Severn was in over 15 fixed/rigged fights

@Jamie999

I’m just having a good time buddy. Don’t kick my ass. My dragon sleeper defense is impeccable

1 Like

Never trust a man that wore pants like that
Unless it’s lord Stephen regal.btw regal once said " : “Do you know what my New Year’s resolution is going to be? To wake up a half an hour earlier so I can hate you more”.

1 Like

It wasn’t in one year…but TTT for Olaf vs Polakowski 1,2 & 3.

The 1st fight was epic and was nominated by MMA Weekly for fight of the year.

2 Likes

Sure but you’d have a hard time finding fighters as active as him in the 90s who didn’t cross that line even here and it’s a global sport so I don’t know that I agree geographic location changes much.

Japanese and American pro wrestling arent completely separate.

“I dreamed that I was being raped by Freddie Mercury”

Tank Abbott on fighting Dan Severn.

I bet you did, Tank

I bet you did

3 Likes

Amazing episode too. It was really disappointing to hear what a POS Severn is.

2 Likes

Yeah, Severn was never one of my favorite fighters but I always respected him as an MMA pioneer and for fighting so often even as he was getting older and older. It was hard not to root for the grand old man of MMA. He also always gave off this old timey strong man vibe that I kinda got a kick out of.

Turns out he was pretty much a con man and not just because he worked fights either. Not to mention he has connections to several convicted sex offenders. That doesn’t necessarily make Severn guilty of anything but it doesn’t look good either. How many kid fuckers have you worked with?

5 Likes

In your opinion you feel it’s occurring from time to time in present day UFC?

Actual business associates that either went to prison for it or died before their trial

We have a special guest recording on Sunday

• in theory

We will touch on some of the names in question

5 Likes

I look forward to that. Do you think you can spill the beans early and let us know who the guest is?

3 Likes

After it’s recorded

3 Likes

Im THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited

2 Likes

You can hire the Beast as a guest speaker now FYI

1 Like

You didn’t ask me lol but there have been some very shady cases in present UFC like the whole James Krause team betting scandal and then the hilariously named Bang vs Kuntz fight that was scheduled for a UFC a few years back.

This is an excerpt from wikipedia on that fight and according that the guy actually did jail time for fight fixing that one

4 Likes

LOL @ being surprised about worked MMA fights. MMA does it better than WWE. Its a wonder how it took this long for the UFC/WWE to be the same company.

There’s like 700 fighters in the UFC these days, and 690 of them are jobbers.

UFC is doing just fine at destroying the MMA fanbase without this “revelation” about Dan Severn working fights.

5 Likes

Of the 690 jobbers .

Who are the 10 pros that don’t sell/work

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s for the UFC to decide :wink:

2 Likes

I want to know who u think are he 10 ppl out of the 700+ roster that don’t accept bribes like the 690 ppl u stated

I definitely think there are many cases but obviously no where near as high as unstated, and I assume u purposely over exaggerated Ur prediction for effect (no hate from my side)

I think the numbers may be (speculated BB prediction, which means nothing) to be about 25-34 ppl who “may” be manipulating matches.

.now ask me about MMA judging and that percentage is super high

1 Like