Dissection by Dallas: COUTURE x COLEMAN

Read it, then yell at me about something.

The "legends" match headlining UFC 109 features a pair of battle-hardened veterans whose inspirational performances have helped to shape MMA into what it is today, and they are also  amongst the finest wrestlers to ever grace the sport.

The abundant praise and expression of high emotion that riddled MMA messageboards after Randy Couture shocked the world by taking apart the then undefeated Vitor Belfort at UFC 15 was only the beginning, for Couture would continue to amaze fans and defy age by registering equally exemplary outings versus Pedro Rizzo, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Tim Sylvia, and Gabriel Gonzaga.

In the dark tale "The Smashing Machine" featuring Mark Kerr, the positivity and big-hearted charisma of Mark Coleman helped to balance the gloomy and depressing storyline, especially after it was capped off with Coleman's influential clinching of the Pride 2000 Gran Prix and his unforgettable, celebratory flail over the top ropes.

FULL ARTICLE AT THE GARV

Pros who picked Couture: 18

Pros who picked Coleman: 3

Pros who couldn’t decide: 5

Pros Pick: Couture vs. Coleman

Friday, February 05, 2010

nice write-up

for some reason, I'm going with coleman on this one

call it a gut feeling

Surprised by the overwhelming number of pros picking Couture or am I just being influenced by all the pro-Coleman talk here?

Uncle Justice -  

WHY ARE WE YELLING AT YOU?

pigpen -  nice write-up

for some reason, I'm going with coleman on this one

call it a gut feeling

Thank you, fren!

I think Randy has become way more evolved in everything.  Striking, footwork, clinch, subs, cardio, gameplanning, etc.  Without headbutts or grounded knees, I don't think Coleman's GnP is anything special at all.

Unless, that is, he's really focused on integrating elbows into his ground attack much more than what we've seen of him in the UFC so far.

I think Coleman will be hell on wheels for the first round, and then fade.

Hammer gasses early

Nice preview. Thanks

RickStorm - 
Uncle Justice -  

WHY ARE WE YELLING AT YOU?

Hairstyle?  Hygiene?  Hallucinogens?

And that's just the H's.

Agreed HKP, and thank you NorthFromHere.

NFH, did you do any predictions for 109?

Uncle Justice -  NFH, did you do any predictions for 109?

Yeah I did previews for the main card fights to my blog, but it's in finnish. I do the UFC main card previews in co-operation with a popular finnish MMA/bodybuilding/fitness site, hence the language.