Do females have bigger egos?

ItsMy1stDay -

Look at it from their perspective, let's say they're 5'4 135lbs and a 5'10 185lbs guy asks them to roll, they're giving up 50 pounds to him, and additionally giving up muscle density and size.   That'd be like the 5'10 guy going to a gym full of 6'4 235lbs guys that have more muscle density and mass.

I'm the big guy at my gym now (as previous bigger guys have left) and I know to roll with certain people certain ways, it's what I do in almost every roll in the gym, but I still have guys that don't roll with me because they see someone that has 50+lbs on them.  It's cool, I still get 7+ rolls a night, it doesn't affect me, but I have a feeling those same guys are on places like here, reddit, facebook, etc. saying things like this that females need to drop their ego and roll and be willing to get smashed.

TLDR: If you've ever ducked the "big guy" at an open mat or during drilling, you have no room to talk about females needing to roll with guys.

When a guy meets that girl in a dark alley ready to rape her, make sure she first asks “hey umm... how much do you weigh? 50 lbs bigger? Sorry I don’t know how to grapple guys bigger than me”

triforce - 
ItsMy1stDay -

Look at it from their perspective, let's say they're 5'4 135lbs and a 5'10 185lbs guy asks them to roll, they're giving up 50 pounds to him, and additionally giving up muscle density and size.   That'd be like the 5'10 guy going to a gym full of 6'4 235lbs guys that have more muscle density and mass.

I'm the big guy at my gym now (as previous bigger guys have left) and I know to roll with certain people certain ways, it's what I do in almost every roll in the gym, but I still have guys that don't roll with me because they see someone that has 50+lbs on them.  It's cool, I still get 7+ rolls a night, it doesn't affect me, but I have a feeling those same guys are on places like here, reddit, facebook, etc. saying things like this that females need to drop their ego and roll and be willing to get smashed.

TLDR: If you've ever ducked the "big guy" at an open mat or during drilling, you have no room to talk about females needing to roll with guys.

When a guy meets that girl in a dark alley ready to rape her, make sure she first asks “hey umm... how much do you weigh? 50 lbs bigger? Sorry I don’t know how to grapple guys bigger than me”

That’s a good point, Tri, but here’s how I see it, after 12 years in BJJ. People who don’t train in BJJ or wrestling have really poor bases. When new men and women come to class, it’s pretty easy to sweep them out of a mount or other controlling position because a trained grappler has a much better base and leverage control. Give that same newbie 3-6 months of training, and it’s a lot more difficult to sweep them, even if they’re still not great at BJJ in general. I’m pretty confident I could escape the attack of an untrained bigger opponent. I also know for a fact that I may very well pull a hamstring or strain my back trying to dislodge a heavier gym-mate with a decent base. And I need to be able to go to work in the morning.

triforce - 
ItsMy1stDay -

Right.  Because when encountering rapists, people are not allowed to use anything other than pure bjj.  Mace, Pepper spray, a defensive knive, a firearm...none of those things are allowed.  Neither is common sense.  You must walk alone down the dark alley.

triforce -
ItsMy1stDay -

I knew this response would come, but the logic still stands.  When you're in that same dark alley and a guy comes up to mug you does he allow you to ask him how much he weighs first?  Because if not, then you still have no excuse to duck the big guy.

I get it, BJJ is a martial art and there is a self-defense aspect to it, but if that was the sole purpose for training everyone should stop at blue or purple because a solid blue or purple belt would wreck 90% of people walking around in a bar fight.  We train for fun, or exercise, or for sport, etc.  Self Defense is an afterthought once you reach a certain level, otherwise you should never step outside of the gracie combatives curriculum and you should have full striking every single round.

I do not like rolling with women unless they are big and good. It didn’t bother me until my old instructor said he heard a couple of girls at the gym complaining I go too easy and just play defense with them. I am 6’2 and about 235 pounds. They were both about 5’5 and 135 pounds. WTF am I supposed to do?