Do UFC Fighters need a Union now?

mmamathwiz - 
Mertvaya Ruka - Anyway, has ANY active fighter really questioned that? The fans seems to care more about this than the actual fighters.

Do you think they don't question it because they like it? I think the truth most are just afraid. The real question is how many have gotten behind it. 1? 2?

Sure, they are afraid. They could always voice their opinions anonymously. They don't even talk to journalists. Not MMA journalists, I mean real investigative reporters. There's nothing.

There are things you can do without outing yourself.

Steve4192 -
mmamathwiz - Imaging if two or three top camps collaborated and refused to sign fights. Dana would be wetting himself and Lorenzo would give a live press conference to apologize.

Zuffa would sue the shit out of them and win.

That kind of collaboration is illegal.
So is their strong arm tactics to keep out unions. Helps when they have reid on their side though. Phone Post 3.0

It would take an act of congress... and fortunately the Fertitta Brothers have the necessary political power to make sure that doesnt happen.

It amazes me how the fans keep harping on fighter pay when fighters have someone who's job it is to worry about that.

Do you really think the fighters give a fuck about you?  they dont give a fuck.  Do you really think if the fighters had more power they'd use that power to figure out better ways to serve you the consumer?  No you dunderheads they'd use that power to serve themselves which often times contradict what you the consumer want.

Look at boxing...   You think Rich Franklin would have ever fought Anderson Silva? fuck no.  Tito would have never fought chuck... and the list goes on.  Imagine everyone was like Fedor and they just hand picked their opponents.

a union is nothing more than a monopoly of the labor pool.  It's the worst kind of monopoly because it ultimately hurts everybody including the labor itself... just look at detroit.

Definitely something that would have to be considered at length! Phone Post 3.0

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
R1WARRIOR - Would turn fighters in a bunch of whining lazy out of shape faggots. The sport would be a joke and would die. Classic unions consequences. Phone Post 3.0

This. Unions brought GM, Chrysler, the woke city of Detroit to bankruptcy.

Totally different situation. Unions are good for protecting workers right and getting them benefits. Unions usually fail at the leadership level where labor bosses attempts to justify their position and insist on unsustainable wage increases.

Imagine if Bellator were to encourage a union to form, they could end up having a legitimate chance at competing with UFC for younger fighters and mid-level fighters. They would still be out on the top level guys until they get PPV, but that's where they are now.

Koreanflash - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 
R1WARRIOR - Would turn fighters in a bunch of whining lazy out of shape faggots. The sport would be a joke and would die. Classic unions consequences. Phone Post 3.0

Totally different situation. Unions are good for protecting workers right and getting them benefits. Unions usually fail at the leadership level where labor bosses attempts to justify their position and insist on unsustainable wage increases.

Imagine if Bellator were to encourage a union to form, they could end up having a legitimate chance at competing with UFC for younger fighters and mid-level fighters. They would still be out on the top level guys until they get PPV, but that's where they are now.

LOL

Do you really think that is how things work? In the war of labor versus capital, the capitalists aren't going to provide labor with the weapons they need to win. Labor has to build those weapons themselves. Management/capital CAN'T form a union for their laborers. It's not possible, even if they wanted to (which they don't). The laborers have to do that for themselves.

just shake my head at these threads.

Never going to happen, so I don't see the point in discussing it.

Guarantee UFC fighters will not unionize in my lifetime, and I plan on living another 60 years.

R1WARRIOR - Would turn fighters in a bunch of whining lazy out of shape faggots. The sport would be a joke and would die. Classic unions consequences. Phone Post 3.0
Just like it does to football, basketball and baseball players? Phone Post 3.0

Yep Phone Post 3.0

Steve4192 - 
Koreanflash - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 

LOL

Do you really think that is how things work? In the war of labor versus capital, the capitalists aren't going to provide labor with the weapons they need to win. Labor has to build those weapons themselves. Management/capital CAN'T form a union for their laborers. It's not possible, even if they wanted to (which they don't). The laborers have to do that for themselves.

Of course, it's never going to happen. I know that. It's wishful thinking at best. At the end of the day promoters/owners are businessmen (some better / worse than others) and the only thing that matters is $$$. It's the only reason Tito, Bonnar, Rampage still collect a pay check.

Before going on a little fantasy booking, my point was that comparing fighter unions to the automotive unions is misinformed at best.

TopGrinder - Yes 1 billion percent. Zuffa has far too much power over the fighters.

United we stand divided we fall. Zuffa wants all the power and rule like a dictatorship. Phone Post 3.0

United we stand, divided we fall is absolutely correct. Problem is, the fighters lack solidarity and Zuffa is masterful at fomenting division within the labor class. Until the fighters get some backbone and stand together, they will never organize.