Does anyone have a set curriculum

Does anyone have a set curriculum form white to blue belt in BJJ or better to Purple Belt. Thanks

email me at gerrydisanto@gmail.com

Gracieuniversity.com Phone Post 3.0

More schools really need this Phone Post

Muzalini - Gracieuniversity.com Phone Post 3.0
This although they have only released up to about blue belt stripe 2 Phone Post 3.0

Roy Dean has an excellent vid dealing with precisely that

I believe they are important, originally i was a doubter though.

Our school, VT1 Academy in Sydney (under Gracie Humaita), has a full syllabus from white to black. It's divided into 4 stages as each level obviously has different needs and it becomes more individualized as you move into the higher ranks.

We put it in action about 6 years ago and it's on version 4.0 at the moment due to its evolution based on student progress and needs. It took a lot of work and adjusting to make me happy!

The Machados and GB have curriculums as well which are specific too.

Gracie University is also very good and specific to a certain set of needs.

Why the question so we can answer it better?

Liam
VT1mma.com.au Phone Post 3.0

I can see a white to blue curriculum, but anything beyond that is a little in the grey area as far as what makes a person ready for the next belt IMO. A person could use only the moves from that white to blue curriculum and become advanced with better timing and execution and be ready for the next belt. I just don't think that a person should be looking for the holy grail of moves that separates them from the other guys. Some times you should just focus on the moves you already do and become surgical with them. Between blue to purple there will be more "advanced" moves added to the arsenal, but your basic game will be pretty defined by then. I just don't know if you can make a list of moves and say a person is BB if they can go down the list and do every move.

SMOKER - I can see a white to blue curriculum, but anything beyond that is a little in the grey area as far as what makes a person ready for the next belt IMO. A person could use only the moves from that white to blue curriculum and become advanced with better timing and execution and be ready for the next belt. I just don't think that a person should be looking for the holy grail of moves that separates them from the other guys. Some times you should just focus on the moves you already do and become surgical with them. Between blue to purple there will be more "advanced" moves added to the arsenal, but your basic game will be pretty defined by then. I just don't know if you can make a list of moves and say a person is BB if they can go down the list and do every move.

I like this sensible take on it.

Pedro Sauer's white to blue is absolutely solid. The blue to purple set goes into more advanced moves, and combinations. A lot of people don't realize that the majority of white to blue is done standing. The majority of blue to purple is done in the guard. Both sets have great fundamentals from all the typical positions, and contain a lot of self defense.

Pedro's dvds aren't designed as an inclusive program. It's a move set to be used for reference. Something like Gracie University or some other courses are a more structured program.

All of the white to blue sets I've seen all have the same basic ideas. I would imagine that is true for even the most "modern" bjj oriented places. I can see things changing drastically for purple though.

Smoker is spot on, that's why ours is divided in 4 stages - intro pathways, fundamentals, intermediate and advanced. The curriculum changes from being technique based to game or principle based as you get higher.

For eg, from blue to purple requires an intimate knowledge of connection between certain fundamental open guards and their gripping systems without losing connection.

As it goes up, it becomes less specific technically and more a way of me checking that they are covering their bases and are well rounded. Phone Post 3.0

I like alliance's approach to this.

it's a set curriculum of fundamentals that everyone must know. you go through it and learn it forever. the advanced curriculum gets thrown in. of course it's cool to throw in new moves here and there and examine what's going on, but that's on top of the set fundamentals.

I like this approach.

We have the white to blue printed out on a wall in the gym. It's 50 lessons, 3-4 items per lesson(item could be different moves or variations of the same one), and each lesson lasts a week.

Lesson 50 is just mat time(quality observed and with head instructor) and is what usually seperates people in earning the belt faster or slower.

My instructor and Rodrigo Gracie put it together. They also have an informal agreement about blue on up being the mastery of the basics(chaining properly, timing, mental decisions while rolling, sensitivity, etc...). Both agree that you don't NEED all the new(er) stuff to attain a BB but your basic's better be on point.

Guess it's like saying you don't NEED to compete to promote either. But it sure influences the decision.

Another Gracie University vote!

demandango - 
Muzalini - Gracieuniversity.com Phone Post 3.0
This although they have only released up to about blue belt stripe 2 Phone Post 3.0

true, but the academy still has a 1 thru bb

I use the basics from Gracie combatives in every roll until an opening presents itself, it sets up everything Phone Post 3.0

Both Kioto BJJ and Gracie Miami have curriculums. I like Gracieuniversity but at the rate there putting out videos it will take 25-30 yrs for the entire curriculum through Black belt to be finished.

We have a white to blue and a blue to purple. I personally designed both because I'm the one promoting people.

It took waay longer than I thought it would to develop these systems. Phone Post 3.0

White to blue is the Helio Gracie Fundamentals curriculum. Covers all self defense techniques and all the core fundamentals everyone must know. From there on we have a 6 month positional curriculum. Phone Post 3.0

coachjarrod1 - White to blue is the Helio Gracie Fundamentals curriculum. Covers all self defense techniques and all the core fundamentals everyone must know. From there on we have a 6 month positional curriculum. Phone Post 3.0

all sd tech? seen some in 94 I don't see anymore

Marcello monteiro. Bjjcoach.com. Great system, great DVDs. Phone Post 3.0