Does Buffer Know Words?

I don’t think he does.

“First off, we wouldn’t if it wasn’t for Dana White, number one, he’s a maverick. Granted he’s had amazing people on his team helping him, getting to the point we are at, but without the figurehead of Dana, his passion, the Fertitta brothers when they were involved, their passion, their finances needed, we never would’ve gotten to where we are at today.“

2 Likes

1 Like

Figurehead management is an actual term and its not to describe someone with no actual power.

1 Like

Where is that used?

In your house?

On urbandictionary.com?

1 Like

In just about every business where they have someone actually called a Figurehead. The CEO is typically the figurehead in most businesses. Do they not have power? The point is, figurehead in business is not to describe them as having no power. Its just another role they serve.

It’s fine in a business context but it’s easy to be passionate when you are backed by billionaires.

I don’t think that’s right.

Typically they will say he’s, “just a figurehead,” meaning he’s public facing with no actual power. Like when Chinese businesses hire white guys to be the face of their company but the white guys don’t do shit.

Yes, if you have someone who has no actual power you can call them “JUST a figurehead”.

But CEOs in most companies today are also the figureheads and have plenty of power over the company.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve never heard it used that way.

He can’t even say UFC. He says Yoo Ef Sheeeee

He is so cringe