Does Cains win mean more than Juniors?

Billyz - Cains win is pretty indicative of what the first fight might have looked like if Cain had been healthy and had his top mobility to actually fight the way we know he can.

JDS is a monster and capitalized in the first fight. NO reason he did not deserve the win on that night. He was injured himself but the injury didn't hamper his style of arsenal as much cains injury hampered his. Last night I believe they were both at there best. (who knows maybe something will come out saying JDS was injured etc etc).

Last night we had 25 minutes to see that
A. Cain was able to out strike JDS
B. Cain was able to take down the notoriously difficult to take down JDS
C. Cain out cardio'd JDS which I think was the story of the fight
D. Cain's ring generalship was on point - he knew that his cardio was limited in itself he seemed to reserve it.

If you notice her didn't go full bore on the punches after the 2nd round. The punch he dropped JDS with had more pop in it than all the other punches. Think he was very smart to do it that way instead of go nuts and try and put all the energy. Not saying he didn't try and finish but he looked to do it cumulatively instead of in one big combo or shot.

This win is more telling in my eyes.
Do I think JDS can come back sure, but its pretty clear who the better fighter at this point in history is.

No sense on speculating who was more injured or effected in the first fight imo. Cain was coming off a layoff though which never helps.

"Last night I believe they were both at there best. (who knows maybe something will come out saying JDS was injured etc etc)."

Possible and also possible to never know. Other intangibles too lke JDS being on long streak, he could have been bound to slip up sooner or later, Cain's extra motivation, etc.

1 well timed punch vs 25 minutes of domination Phone Post

Captfireeyes - 

1 well timed punch vs 25 minutes of domination Phone Post

1 well timed punch is all it takes and is the objective of the guy throwing it and the guy who threw it has thrown it over and over thru many fights

Yes, just like GSP's win over Serra means more than Serra's win over GSP.

Yes, but for a different reason.

Cain never defended his belt. People were already saying JDS was going to be champ for a long time, and Cain would be forced to play 2nd fiddle (Or 3rd / Overeem) or drop to 205. To come out like he did and dominate JDS means MUCH more for him then a win for JDS because of where the careers are now.

JDS will recover, beat whoever is put in front of him, and fight the winner of Cain/Overeem. His career is still very bright.

Finish is more impressive. Put it this way. If they'd let the first fight between Cain and JDS continue after Cain was out, JDS could have completely dominated an unconscious Cain for the remaining rounds.

But both are impressive, the finish is just more so.