does holly holm need a boxing coach???

first off i like holly, classy chick and big heart but

whats up with her boxing???

we all know what she did in boxing often time to much less athletic girls then her and she has to be given credit for easily going the distance with best female fighter ever that being said

where the fuck is her boxing

cyborg looked like the boxer of the two, cutting her off, getting her to walk to that right hand, decent amount of head movement, good blocking and counters…

now to holly not just in fight but in general

NEVER jabs

does not move her head

just waits to time you with the left

barely ever hooks or uppercuts

no body shots.

very few angles etc

basically she does not fight like a boxer at all

ofcourse boxing like any other combat sport etc has to be adjusted

for mma

but clearly you see many other boxing based fighers like robbie lawler,connor, JDS etc,stipe etc doing these things…

in an interview she said she had to break some habits from boxing for fighting in mma which is understandable

but did she forget how to box…what boxer/kickboxer

does not jab going to her right to set up the left or a right hook etc…

its like cro cop said started to get outstruck in mma when he stopped training kickboxing or maia trying to strike for a while

so basically is she super rusty and needs a boxing trainer???

if so dont her coaches see this???

or was she never that good a boxer and beat most soccer moms while being a freak athlete???

like outside the straight left her kick’s seem to be her best weapon which is odd

since i think she has only 3 kickboxing fights lol

and its not just this fight

even an easy fight with betche correa,

a short fighter with less reach and skill

and not a real treat grappling wise, and has no kicks etc

holly still didnt show much boxing stuff i mentioned above

Kee-yah!

yes

Boxing was fine.   Fight IQ was off.  She kept doing the same shit over and over again, no variety at all . 

She punches air and has no head movement. that’s what’s wrong

Cyborg Does That To Girls

Rahjai MD -

Boxing was fine.   Fight IQ was off.  She kept doing the same shit over and over again, no variety at all . 

Which is why she keeps losing...circle, circle lunging left while screaming, sometimes followed by a head kick.
Rahjai MD -

She does the same thing every fight. Same pattern over and over and over. If you can beat the pattern in the first you can beat her all five.

It was clear that Cyborg saw the video tape from Holly’s fight with Schvenko. Cyborg did a lot of the same stuff that Val did, like countering off of Holly’s left. Cyborg, of course, countered a lot harder.

Holly does need to learn how to jab, though. I think that I counted two jabs off from her. That, along with more liver kicks, would have helped out a lot.

Jody - It was clear that Cyborg saw the video tape from Holly's fight with Schvenko. Cyborg did a lot of the same stuff that Val did, like countering off of Holly's left. Cyborg, of course, countered a lot harder.

Holly does need to learn how to jab, though. I think that I counted two jabs off from her. That, along with more liver kicks, would have helped out a lot.

yes she does and its really werid that

a tall southpaw like her does not jab at all…

not a power jab or a pawing jab,no anything of jab

a tall south paw with a good jab, is a nightmare to fight/spar

under any rules

Its not her boxing, she has good foot work and nice straight punches. She is just very limited with what she can throw and how she combines them. While she has great angles moving, she seems to only be able to punch moving forward and straight in.  She is very good, its not like she sucks. She has holes in her game like everyone. 

PrettyBoy -
Rahjai MD -

She does the same thing every fight. Same pattern over and over and over. If you can beat the pattern in the first you can beat her all five.

Yeah, I wondered if Jackson would have had more of a leading role in strategy, would things have gone differently. I don’t think Wink is anywhere near Jackson’s level of strategy and directing fighters with fantastic game plans.

If you go to the right Reddit subforum you see HH doing all sorts of wrong boxing moves in slow motion in the preview snippet of the fight.

I won't post it here b/c of the UFC copyright issues but it's worth a look

After watching Lomachenko, it really sets a new standard for footwork and head movement. I'm sitting there watching like ...

.... head mooment!!

WidespreadPanic - 

If you go to the right Reddit subforum you see HH doing all sorts of wrong boxing moves in slow motion in the preview snippet of the fight.

I won't post it here b/c of the UFC copyright issues but it's worth a look

link?