Does JDS retire if he is loses or finished?

It will be his 4th loss in a row if he does indeed lose. Gane has the striking to put him out. JDS looked great against Rozenstruik until he ran into the fence like always. He looked terrible against Blaydes only focusing on stopping the takedown but no offense. 

He should because he takes a lot of damage per fight even compared to other HWs.  Him having the above average chin for HW has led him to take more beatings than others IMO. 

He's 36 years old so even if he's taken a lot of damage in his career I have a feeling that he's gonna wanna keep fighting, even if he ends up getting released.

If he retires he'd be one of the very few fighters who quits while they're beginning to falter in their victories. But that's not something we see a lot. 

He is the type who sticks around another 10 years.

2 Likes

Probably gets cut

1 Like
dinkledorf -

He is the type who sticks around another 10 years.

This, deff could see that. Wish he would hang um up.

KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Probably gets cut

Unless it’s some kind of highlight finish in JDS’s favor I see him getting cut. Big fan, love the guy, but that’s why I don’t want to see him constantly getting hurt. 

FETT_the geek -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Probably gets cut

Unless it’s some kind of highlight finish in JDS’s favor I see him getting cut. Big fan, love the guy, but that’s why I don’t want to see him constantly getting hurt. 

JDS is a frustrating guy to watch, because he has other tools but fell in love a long time ago with his hands.  Problem is, that can backfire on you pretty quickly in that division.  He's taken some really bad KOs and beatings over the years.  Probably a few that he didn't really need to. 

1 Like

We were having the same conversation about Arlovski 8 years ago.

Rematch with Ngannou!