Does Jon Jones WIN the rematch?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgP6VTmCdSI&start=13&

I think adjustments will be easier for Dominick to win rematch than Jon Jones. Your thoughts? 

I think we all thought the same with the Gustafsson rematch, but Jones walked through him. Jones is a smart fighter, and learns from his fights.

I think Reyes should get 2 or 3 more fights under his belt for a little more experience, rather than jumping straight back into a rematch. Even try get a 5 round main event on a Fight Night card or something so he can test his cardio in a 5 rounder.

JOB -

I think we all thought the same with the Gustafsson rematch, but Jones walked through him. Jones is a smart fighter, and learns from his fights.

I think Reyes should get 2 or 3 more fights under his belt for a little more experience, rather than jumping straight back into a rematch. Even try get a 5 round main event on a Fight Night card or something so he can test his cardio in a 5 rounder.

I figured this would be the argument and I agree, but I see it being tough for Jon to fix his mistakes from this fight. If Dominick does the exact same thing with a better gas tank, he wins. But will be fun to see the new game plan for Jones. I think staying busier with his head and body kicks is his only chance 

I really feel that jones just isn't the same fighter. He's tentative. 

Reggie Warren Jr - 

I really feel that jones just isn't the same fighter. He's tentative. 

Agreed. He's not that old, but it really seems like he has left his prime and is on the downside of his career. 

I feel like Reyes will improve more than Jones before their next meeting.

1 Like
ScreenName22 -
Reggie Warren Jr -

I really feel that jones just isn't the same fighter without PEDS. He's tentative. 

Fixed it for you

Ha. 

Jones fought Gus for the first time on a bender with no preparation.   He was likely sober, pico'd and well prepared for the rematch.  

I thought Jones showed his best last night and Reyes took it.  Jones used his grappling, wrestling and standup skills.  Reyes was a stylistic nightmare for him because of the constant movement, TDD and solid standup with respectable power in both hands.  I honestly feel Jon would lose that rematch.  Like Hendricks vs Lawler 2.

1 Like
LBH_RN -

Jones fought Gus for the first time on a bender with no preparation.   He was likely sober, pico'd and well prepared for the rematch.  

I thought Jones showed his best last night and Reyes took it.  Jones used his grappling, wrestling and standup skills.  Reyes was a stylistic nightmare for him because of the constant movement, TDD and solid standup with respectable power in both hands.  I honestly feel Jon would lose that rematch.  Like Hendricks vs Lawler 2.

Same. If he fights the same way with a few changes to his cardio, he wins. What changes does Jon make? He won't get miraculously better with his wrestling because his striking will suffer even more. Reyes only needs to fix One aspect of his game. Cardio. 

Good takes Reggie, I agree with most everything you said, and scored it the same way.

I can see Reyes making the needed adjustments, and his confidence will now be even higher coming into a rematch.

Perhaps Jones has peaked, and his picograms are no longer pulsing. I'd like to see a rematch sometime this year and find out.

PS: I'm glad to see you're no longer using commie vision for your videos, and have adapted to using letterbox mode now.

AngryGerbil -

Good takes Reggie, I agree with most everything you said, and scored it the same way.

I can see Reyes making the needed adjustments, and his confidence will now be even higher coming into a rematch.

Perhaps Jones has peaked, and his picograms are no longer pulsing. I'd like to see a rematch sometime this year and find out.

PS: I'm glad to see you're no longer using commie vision for your videos, and have adapted to using letterbox mode now.

Thanks for the tip. Pretty easy to turn my phone sideways.