does money in the bank work in mma

I am talking body shots that dont directly end the fight.  MMA fights are so short that do hard body shots help the opponent significantly in a 3 round fight.

The idea in boxing if you keep going to the body by the 8 and 9 th rounds the fighter is softened up.  Thats 25 minutes into the fight

Body shots work fine with mma gloves, even if it doesn't make the fighter fall to his knees, over few rounds they HURT Phone Post

WelshWarrior - 

Body shots work fine with mma gloves, even if it doesn't make the fighter fall to his knees, over few rounds they HURT Phone Post

He wasnt talking about gloves. He was talking about a 3 round fights perhaps not being enough time for the shots to add up.

Interesting point! I suppose they would be more beneficial in a 5 rounder Phone Post

Good point, I still think mma needs more hooks to the liver Phone Post

Leg kicks = MMA money in the bank Phone Post

Maldini2706 - Leg kicks = MMA money in the bank Phone Post

Yup Phone Post

There have been many MMA bouts where body shots may not have been the finisher, but they sure played a big part in ruining the opponents ability to mount an offense and ultimately led to the finish.

So yes even in a 3 round bout body shots can be very effective, this has been proven a number of times, but yet they are still under-rated and under-used IMHO.

Do MMA Fighters get tired in a 3 round fight? Does an accumulation of body shots make guys tired? Phone Post

HexRei -
WelshWarrior -  Body shots work fine with mma gloves, even if it doesn't make the fighter fall to his knees, over few rounds they HURT Phone Post

He wasnt talking about gloves. He was talking about a 3 round fights perhaps not being enough time for the shots to add up.

The size of the gloves directly affects the amount of shots needed to soften the body Phone Post

Nexuscrawlers -
Maldini2706 - Leg kicks = MMA money in the bank Phone Post

Yup Phone Post

Body punches r the same, but 1 well placed body punch/kick/knee can end it. U need a lot more leg kicks than body punches to change or end a fight IMO.

15 mins is PLENTY of time Phone Post

I don't think Money in the Bank works in MMA. For one, a ladder is a pretty dangerous weapon. Fighting multiple opponents at once would be very dangerous too. Bad news for any champion though as well, since the Money in the Bank winner could easily cash in that title shot immediately after a 5rd championship battle. Cruz and GSP should watch out!

QTyp - I don't think Money in the Bank works in MMA. For one, a ladder is a pretty dangerous weapon. Fighting multiple opponents at once would be very dangerous too. Bad news for any champion though as well, since the Money in the Bank winner could easily cash in that title shot immediately after a 5rd championship battle. Cruz and GSP should watch out!

lol. Beat me to it. Phone Post

JDS has done rather well working his offense off a lead straight right to the body.

Dolf would have totally been able to take the 205lb title from Jones if he used it right after his 5 rounder with Rashad.

Nick Diaz probably uses accumulation to the body the best in mma. Aldo and Machida throw a lot of knees and kicks to the body against wrestlers Phone Post

Ask Cody about body shots(money mendes ko) or Bas he loves them Phone Post

QTyp - I don't think Money in the Bank works in MMA. For one, a ladder is a pretty dangerous weapon. Fighting multiple opponents at once would be very dangerous too. Bad news for any champion though as well, since the Money in the Bank winner could easily cash in that title shot immediately after a 5rd championship battle. Cruz and GSP should watch out!

The evolution of the sport ladies and gentlemen.