Does the majority now believe Alistair is TOP TEN?

I hope so. Most already believe he can beat #3 ranked Brock Lesnar.

I believe he's top 10 but I don't think he passes a piss test (imo).

why? who has be beat?

BTW I just watched the fight on youtube and I'm wondering what was so impressive about it.

I already believed he was top ten, but not because he beat Thompson.

he has done nothing in MMA to be considered top 10, but he has all the tools to be a top 10 guy, there is a difference

He's easily top ten.

a win over James Thompson, no matter how impressive, does not boost you up the rankings

Overeem is one of those guys that looks great when he wins but he doesn't have the heart to really dig in when his back is on the ropes. He's defintely a contender though.

He is looking great just lately, but big James is a big wussy. Let's see him against some legit competition.

How did james Thompson get a shot over others? He was willing to take what they paid?

mcpeepants232003 - 
RKing85 - a win over James Thompson, no matter how impressive, does not boost you up the rankings

this how could a win over James Thompson convince anyone that Overeem is top ten? Overeem has the skills to be top ten but he isn't. While he's beating cans fighters like Dos Santos, Cain, Werdum and Bigfoot are all passing him by actually facing real talent.

Wow, James Thompson and Tony Sylvester.

2 wins over those guys does nothing for Overeem's career. He seems healthy now, why doesn't he face Werdum? That's right keep facing the Thompson's and Goodridge's of the world.

Overeem has lost to almost every top opponent he's ever faced. I don't care if it was at 205, he's still the same guy who will fold under pressure.