Dog Brothers Open Gathering 2009

It was a fun day.

I've seen kali and stick fighting guys, and when they practice, they practice all these elaborate, fancy moves, so it is interesting to see that when they actually fight with them, they abandon that... and 90% of the time they just swing madly with wild abandon.

fun to watch though. And looks like it would hurt like a bitch. 

TalkShowOnMute - I've seen kali and stick fighting guys, and when they practice, they practice all these elaborate, fancy moves, so it is interesting to see that when they actually fight with them, they abandon that... and 90% of the time they just swing madly with wild abandon. 

Sound familiar?

LOL.

TalkShowOnMute - I've seen kali and stick fighting guys, and when they practice, they practice all these elaborate, fancy moves, so it is interesting to see that when they actually fight with them, they abandon that... and 90% of the time they just swing madly with wild abandon. Yeah its like those stupid mma guys, sure they pretend to do all this boxing, kickboxing and nice submissions but when they actually fight all you see is them flailing their arms and then hugging when they get tired which leads to their eventual dry humping on the ground, they look like a bunch of homosexuals..fun to watch those idiots slug it out though...

edit; just in case anyone missed it obvious sarcasm is obvious, I train at an mma gym, and have fought at a dog bros event before

Could you have the 2010 gathering coincide with the "Gathering of the Juggalos" and take those fuckers out?

Shit's for REAL.

Let's see you shit talkers step up to a Dog Brothers Gathering and see how you do.

As you can see, it's hard to sink in your juji-gatame when your helmet and face are being pounded in with a baton, or you're being repeatedly stabbed.

Koc -

Yeah its like those stupid mma guys, sure they pretend to do all this boxing, kickboxing and nice submissions but when they actually fight all you see is them flailing their arms and then hugging when they get tired which leads to their eventual dry humping on the ground, they look like a bunch of homosexuals..

fun to watch those idiots slug it out though...

You just described what happens when one of those fanatics drops their fighting twigs.

for laters

ttt for the dog brothers, if its in PA i need to get out there and check it out in person, ive been watching dog bros. vids for ages! great stuff!

those guys have been around forever. theyre hardcore, and i wouldnt do it.

TalkShowOnMute - I've seen kali and stick fighting guys, and when they practice, they practice all these elaborate, fancy moves, so it is interesting to see that when they actually fight with them, they abandon that... and 90% of the time they just swing madly with wild abandon.

fun to watch though. And looks like it would hurt like a bitch. 

Look them up. The Dog Brothers are to "stick fighting" what mma is to striking and grappling. They train like they fight, no fancy shit that does not work. Most of these guys train grappling too.

Those guys aer fags

TTT.

Interesting how some of those resorting to Jiu Jitsu forget about the blade that may be laying close by.

In real life, that is your death.

What are they thinking?

BJJ is all well and good (I practice as well), but if they forget the possibility that someone on the street could have a knife...they are fools!

has a true kali / stick fighting master ever competed in one of these? if so , how'd he do? just curious...

jodienda - Shit's for REAL.

Let's see you shit talkers step up to a Dog Brothers Gathering and see how you do.

As you can see, it's hard to sink in your juji-gatame when your helmet and face are being pounded in with a baton, or you're being repeatedly stabbed.

I'm always looking for a good fights at the Gatherings, all are welcomed!  The cool thing about Gatherings is that ANYONE can fight.  You might even be awarded the name "Shit-Talker" Dog!

BTW, @ thefightnerd,

The State College, PA Dog Brothers train three times a week @ Central PA Mixed Martial Arts.  We normally spar real contact every Thursday @ 6:30PM!  Come train with us at some point if you can.

Ryan "C-Guard Dog" Gruhn

www.facebook.com/cpamma

www.cpamma.com/