Dominick Reyes vs. Jiri Prochazka

Jiri has a hell of a chin. Dude just takes 'em and keeps firing.

Great fight , fan of both guys !

Jiri is a character & can take a punch
Volkov & Reyes both landed big shots
His attacks are pretty slick throws down
Creates distance , breathes & re sets and attacks. Reyes took several shots that would of knocked out other guys

He needs to keep his hands up though
Stupid … awesome fighter !

Reyes should have gone for more TD. he took him down and never tried again. a great wrestler is the only person beating this guy. you will get KO’d if you stand with him.

Glover is a much harder fight for him than Jan imo. Glover won’t fuck around. Hell bull in, get the takedown and grind. Of course Jiri could KO him, but It’s probably the tougher style matchup

2 Likes

11 Likes

agree

100% Glover would take him down if needed and grind.

Great fight! Gonna remember this guy!

I was the first to recognize Jiri on here back to finishing Stosic in 2014.

So much fun to watch, every time!

Jirka! Denisa! Prochazka!

1 Like

I feel like we’ve been seeing more and more fighters who are polite and respectful which I appreciate.

3 Likes

Lol dude seriously. WTF is this guy made of. He’s a ninja.

2 Likes

I thought it was the best he has looked too. However, his improvements have drastically decreased over the past several fights. There was a point in time where he was making noticeable improvements after every fight. Since then he’s added a few elements to his game but by large he’s the same fighter. I liked his teep up the middle and I think he threw a few things like a Superman punch and a flying knee. In my opinion though he is a bit limited in his offense. Not that Jiri wouldn’t have beaten him anyways, because there were a lot of things that Jiri did that would have gotten him a win over almost anyone at 205.

Yes much tougher. Glover is gonna walk him down and try to close the distance with his boxing. He has immense power himself. That’s a great matchup.

This guy will murder Glover.

2 Likes

Reyes reminds me of Brendan Schaub.
Not in the awful standup comedy, but both are athletic guys that come from a football background and came to martial arts/mma late in life.
Both being athletic and have a few weapons (left hook/overhand right).
They get into trouble when they eventually encounter a real mma martial artist/veteran…they lose.
Oh, and the Czech is very good and has an incredible chin.
I look forward to his next bout.

Jiri is an incredible striker but he takes an insane amount of risk. Obviously that same risk gives him more opportunities to get the knockout (which he’s really good at getting), but there definitely are holes that an intelligent striker can take advantage of. The problem is that his speed, variety and unpredictability are virtually unheard of at 205. Jan and Glover are both great fights for him.

I do think he has a great chin but I also think he rolls with a lot of them. He’s constantly moving, dipping, rolling and slipping. I’d imagine it’s incredibly difficult to hit that guy clean.

That motherfuckers good

He’s tough, aggressive, and awkward with good power. A little sloppy though. Would be curious to see how his style holds up in later rounds.