Don’t wanna get hit

He’s too old to spar. OP should be worried about making it through 2 hours of 3 minute rounds just hitting the bags.

Lol I was almost a Brown belt in bjj when I joined a true MMA gym. I would tap all of the guys on Monday night , and they were all fighters, and they would tell me “you better fucking come back to spar tomorrow”. I got thrown to the wolves and my only equalizer was my overhand right for a long ass time. So I threw it all the time and hard. We were idiots and every day was a gym war. Then I met Pd. We trained hard but he actually taught me how to train. He taught me defense. Who fucking knew that was important lol? Now I go as hard as they go.

4 Likes

This dude got yoked by a speed bag and he wanted to be president.

5 Likes

In a few weeks, those ladies better watch the fuck out.

4 Likes

“Coach, I want to spar but only with people who won’t get carried away”

Best to just be upfront about it I think.

Tell sparring partners if they start throwing bombs you’ll just stop.

3 Likes

Did you tried to dont get hit?

Suck it up Fruit Cake.

1 Like

You should be able to catch a jab even if you are having trouble slipping it. Drill both with a partner when you know what is coming. Then practice it in sparring with jabs only when you are not sure when it is coming.

1 Like

plenty of 40+ year old dudes in boxing gyms

before you even get in the ring make sure your cardio is up. if youre exhausted in 30 seconds youre gonna get hit

choose opponents/ partners carefully. dont spar with people you think can fuck you up or are trying to injure you or other people. theres always one in a boxing gym

bignightmare is right: dont throw hard shots if you dont want the other guy throwing equally hard

also watch yourself on film or in a mirror. if your technique looks good from a bird’s eye view you will be more effective than if you dont watch yourself

most importantly: dont fuckin quit. theres gonna be a million reasons not to go to the gym but once youre there and start moving around you will be glad you did

6 Likes

Eat shit GeeGee

Weight loss? Have you tried furiously masturbating?

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement sir! Yeah I’m not taking any of these comments personally​:cowboy_hat_face:, I’m tougher than I look​:boxing_glove::muscle:

I’ve only been training for like maybe 3 weeks, I did a few months training over a decade ago not long after I got out of the Army and was still in decent shape, got beat up by the younger kids :joy:, I don’t think the 24oz gloves they made me spar with helped me very much (at least that’s what I tell myself :cowboy_hat_face:). But man I haven’t felt this healthy or this good in years, I enjoy the workout. So far just been watching Tony Jeffries on YouTube channel, his instructional videos are really good.

I’m 44years old now, mainly doing this to get in/stay in shape (want to get off the blood pressure and cholesterol pills (I already have my chosen career with a good job so trust me, this is only for my edification/self improvement). There is a gym that I’ve joined I’m gonna start the formal training probably first part of next month, I’m impressed with the coach, he seems responsible and basically told me it was completely up to me whether I want to spar or not.

3 Likes

Not lately but thanks for the idea :joy:

Thank you I will definitely keep that in mind, don’t hit someone harder than I want to get hit. Got it💪

2 Likes

Ive been in a few real deal boxing gyms. Yuo need to look out for yourself.

If you are new and not a kid or someone they see potential in, they dont give a shit about you. Period. They dont care you are getting your ass handed to you. In fact, they are probably very happy to see the young guys kick your ass.

1 Like

Yeah I sparred with a tall kid when I was around 30 years old, man his jab felt like I was getting hit with a 2x4, I’m just glad he didn’t land a power shot on me

Thank you Dory, I will keep that in mind.

No bit thanks for the suggestion :cowboy_hat_face::joy:

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

Definitely!