Double Standard With How UG Scores Rounds

After last night, I have noticed a double standard when the UG is judging fights collectively. Let me just start by saying, I wanted Gus to win, and to be honest, I would have had a very difficult time scoring that fight, it really could have went either way in my mind. But here is my issue with what has been going on in the UG.

In the fourth round, Gustafson was winning with basic octagon control, until Jones caught him and hurt him quite bad. Now if this fight was between two total nobodies, everyone would want that round scored for the guy who did the most damage, not the one who controlled. But since Jones is not a very popular fighter (I'm not a fan of him myself) it seems like people don't want to give him these types of rounds.

I also think this type of fight is why MMA needs some sort of new scoring system, make it easier for close rounds to be scored draws, or make losing a close round not as bad as losing a round where you get beat up.

Winning 80+% of the round and then getting rocked badly is always hard to score. Round 4 should be Jones. That is being unbiased. I dont like Jones at all, but he deserved rounds 4+5. He should have lost 1-3 though. Phone Post

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 

Winning 80+% of the round and then getting rocked badly is always hard to score. Round 4 should be Jones. That is being unbiased. I dont like Jones at all, but he deserved rounds 4+5. He should have lost 1-3 though. Phone Post

I have 1,3 for Gustafson, 4,5 for Jones, and fucked if I can really decide how to score 2. In a situation like that, I'd like to see a 10-10 but since we never would, I'd probably give it to Jones because he's the champ, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see it go the other way.

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  Winning 80+% of the round and then getting rocked badly is always hard to score. Round 4 should be Jones. That is being unbiased. I dont like Jones at all, but he deserved rounds 4+5. He should have lost 1-3 though. Phone Post

I have 1,3 for Gustafson, 4,5 for Jones, and fucked if I can really decide how to score 2. In a situation like that, I'd like to see a 10-10 but since we never would, I'd probably give it to Jones because he's the champ, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see it go the other way.

Round 2 criteria for effective grappling has to go to Gus. Effective striking can be close but I see Gus landing the more effective and damaging strikes in that round.

If Gus has the edge is the two most significant scoring criteria he deserves the 10-9 for that round. Phone Post