Dream refs a great, better than Josh Rosenthal

Melvin Manhoef was knocked out cold twice, and the ref just let him get woken up by punches and then submitted lol.  That was brutal.  I hope someone can get us a GIF.

Me too.  That and the guys who try to push the fighters back into the ring just sitting there kosher, looking on and making sure that an unconscious Melvin doesn't fall out of the ring.

mizuno must've K.O'd him twice and submitted him twice. lol @ ref not seeing melvin out cold and not stopping the fight when melvin tapped.
what a crazy fight. only in Japan.

Japanese refs knows their shit

Melvin was never knocked unconscious noob.

He may have been ok judging by the replay. Looked like he was purposely hiding his head under the corner.

Well if he wasn't knocked unconscious then he definitely was not intelligently defeding himself.

he was intelligently hiding himself under the corner. 

Brice W - He may have been ok judging by the replay. Looked like he was purposely hiding his head under the corner.

Its a legit moo-eye-tie technique. You stick your head under the corner pads, roll your eyes to the back of your head and take a quick 3 second power nap. No can defend.

BJ Penn told the refs...

"To the death!"

I didn't notice if he was KO'd or not didn't seem like it to me.

Swore I seen him tap during the last kimura tho, then tapped again a few seconds later when they stopped it

brahmabull81 - i thought it was nice of the ref to let the corner pads obstruct his face and generally make the "move to the center of the ring to prevent obstruction" rule useless....

just another reason the cage is much better

The dream ref's weren't very good.  Too many yellow cards being handed out

ranier wolfcastle - 
brahmabull81 - i thought it was nice of the ref to let the corner pads obstruct his face and generally make the "move to the center of the ring to prevent obstruction" rule useless....

just another reason the cage is much better

That entire match was a testament to why the cage is better than the ring. 

My favorite part was when the outside refs eventually started pushing on his head trying to move it from under the pad.

^ yeah, lol @ that

He wasn't KOed? he just got rocked and Mizuno knew from then to slap on a kimura.