Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis

semtex0809 - Pettis wanted a way out , he didn't want any from the mount.

Once he suffered the rib injury he was out of the fight. Why take extra punishment? So fans like you can finally recognize him as “tough”? Nevermind the fact he already proved he was “tough” the entire fight leading up to the ending…

TheRealJoker - 
semtex0809 - Pettis wanted a way out , he didn't want any from the mount.

Once he suffered the rib injury he was out of the fight. Why take extra punishment? So fans like you can finally recognize him as “tough”? Nevermind the fact he already proved he was “tough” the entire fight leading up to the ending…

I honestly think some of these cats have never trained and never been in any type of fight. I’m not talking MMA. I’m saying a fight. I would bet they never been punched in a face.

People actually questioning Pettis’s heart in this “brutal” fight.

SMH…

Not to fighter bash but Pettis looked like USADA had a lease on his body. He looked weak even though he's still a young guy. Dustin, on the other hand, looked like a muscle head in comparison. Not saying Dustin is in anything, contrary, I think his body is responding well to training since he never abused any PEDs. 

Wasa-B -
Sir Psycho Sexy - 
ons ear - Poitier is tough but what happened to Pettis? He used to be a world beater but simply can't buy a win now..he just doesn't look technical or smooth out there at all..
Nothing happened. He just had good matchups when he was on top. Hes always lost against wrestlers and really well rounded guys

Bendo and Melendez don’t count as wrestlers that are rounded?

He caught Melendez in a guillotine, and he ain’t that great a wrestler, Bendo isnt aggressive.

USADA era has not been merciful on Anthony Pettis.

ons ear - Poitier is tough but what happened to Pettis? He used to be a world beater but simply can't buy a win now..he just doesn't look technical or smooth out there at all..

Roids... and some people still think they don't help that much lol

Awesome fight with a disappointing ending. Really frustrating watching Pettis get pressured to the cage in every round and getting caught by that double leg every single time. What a fall from grace, Poirier is a great fighter but the way Pettis handled guys like Benson and Gil it just feels wrong.

The issue with Pettis is more so technical than any USADA stuff. He has a very obvious weakness in his skill set that numerous fighters are exploiting now. He can only fight in straight lines and can’t fight backwards. When pushed back, will always go straight back instead of circling away. This makes him much easier to hit and take down and he hasn’t been able to fix this hole in his game.

I think Pettis could benefit from legit boxing training. Seems to float too much on movement and isn’t ready to strike upon settling