Dustin was right, his check fucked Conor's ankle

It wasn’t a traditional check, more of a step back distance check to make Conor land short on the knee. It worked.

1 Like

Yep, this was directly after he did it and Dustin immediately knew.

Was there also something wrong with his head? I mean he’s pointing up too. Maybe he was planning on some eye pokes. Lol

1 Like

Thank you sir!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23UFC264

video is quick, maybe ut happened but it definitely wasn’t a ground breaking check

Slow motion video in this link:

1 Like

It’s a lot more obvious in slow motion, which is how they were showing the replays.

1 Like

i wish it could have gone a bit longer as it was a decent fight
conor started strong, but Dustin getting serious with the ground and pound

2 Likes

5 Likes

Leg was gone before he even stepped back on it.

13 Likes

good eye there is a wobble to it as it’s in the air

2 Likes

I wouldnt call that a check then. A step back and definitely an evasive manuver, but i dont think thats a check.

4 Likes

It’s weird how people don’t understand their are different ways to check a leg kick. Technique evolves and he definitely checked the kick

3 Likes

And that is why people like calf kicks more than leg kicks. You have to be closer in on leg kicks and there is always the risk of fucking yourself off a check. With calf kicks, you can throw them from further out and the knee cannot check below itself (meaning calf level…unless you drop to your knees or something).

1 Like

Like Dustin was saying it was landing higher then the calf too

2 Likes

He had his distance figured out from all of the previous kicks that landed, it was most certainly a check. There’s more than one way to check a kick - some are 100% skill based on timing and rotating your knee into the kick, and others are more defensive checks in which you back out let the kick land short on the knee using distance.

5 Likes

High quality video added - took a while for the shit to download. Pay attention to the punch after the teep kick and the way Conor purposefully shifts weight off of that foot. You’re welcome.

something that stabilized the ankle popped when his foot landed causing it to hyperextend.
Then when he rotated on a punch the lack of stability collapses the joint.
Same thing happened to me knee. I lost a meniscus & ACL when knee was kicked. Felt a pop. No pain.
Minute later in the clinch I side stepped and knee dislocated.
But this obvious truth will be repressed & the world will forget that Dustin caused the injury. People will say it was just a fluke.

If people weren’t blind towards conor they’d notice he only win since his mid 20’s was over a man that’s lost 5 in a row.
They’d notice hes 1-4 in his last 5.
They’d notice he hasn’t beaten a top 10 guy in 5 years.
But they don’t.
I don’t get it. But it is what it is.

7 Likes

Dustin was going for the check and they collided early… i.e. it hit the knee before it could hit the shin… which is even more devastating to the person getting checked.

TKO victory for Dustin after a clear 10-8 round. No need for a rematch whatsoever.

2 Likes

We’ll never know. But all good. McSnapped!

1 Like