Early BJJ sex cult?

So Llimp wasn't the first to have a BJJ sex cult. Didn't Carlos use the old "a spirit came to me in a dream and told me to have sex with your wife" excuse to get his student/friend to allow him to bang his wife?

Sort of like David Koresh's pick up line of "I'm jesus, let me plant my seed."

Carlos and Helio weren't exactly paragons of marital fidelity, to say the least. I assume the "mystical spirit" story will be covered in the course of Global Training Report's awesome summary/review of Reila Gracie's book. I've heard that story before, but it would be useful to have a source.

Pedreira has done up to chapter 2 so far:

www.global-training-report.com/reyla_rev.htm

http://www.global-training-report.com/reyla_rev_chp2.htm

Sub Phone Post

Woah! GTR is still a thing?<br /><br />

I hate to play Mr. Obvious, but the whole incidence of BJJ instructors (ESPECIALLY Brazilians) banging their female students is so widespread there isn't a blackbelt on this board that doesn't know of an instance I'm SURE.

Is it an abuse of their position? YEP.

Will it ever change? NOPE.

Women are attracted to the dominant monkey in the room. It's a simple fact. They hate to admit it, but they're hard-wired that way. And most guys don't have the moral fortitude to turn down an easy lay.

Honestly, ANY time I see an instructor in a pic w/ his arm around a female student I get that "eeeww" feeling. I've never been wrong yet in nearly 20 yrs. so take it for what it's worth.

99% of guys do BJJ to pick up chics. The other 1% are gay or transgendered.

Unified Team you're spot on
But student teacher nakedness is miles different from the Carlos story and of course different from molestation /cult etc
Carlos obviously had getting busy pretty Damn high on his priority list, just look at how many kids from how many women. Phone Post

sub

Yea, it is kind of disturbing how many BJJ teachers have hooked up with students. And Carlos was a weird dude. I was told that someone at my school, back when Carlson Sr was alive, asked him why his dad had so many kids and he said "At that time, in Brazil, nothing good on TV.". I thought that was pretty funny.

I actually gave one of my BJ instructors 50 bucks to buy me a copy of the Gracie book when he went home to Brazil but he said the bookstore near his house didn't carry it. I figured it'd be a good way to learn to read Portugese.

What's worse is that a lot of the time these guys are married when they're pulling this shit. So they're lying to their spouse & laughing about it to you, then abusing their teacher/student relationship (since the student already looks up to the professor) & usually leave the student confused/upset.

The BEST part is when you hear these same guys talk about honor, loyalty and respect... LOL apparently it doesn't extend to REAL life, and their wives are exempt from those benefits.

MickColins, that's exactly why I bought the Carlos Gracie bio from the Tatame shop last May. I'm most of the way through Pimsleur's Brazilian Portuguese course now, so will finally start giving the book a proper go when I finish that. Though it will still involve lots of looking at a Portuguese to English dictionary.

GTR mentions something about having to have a CPF in order to buy it: I don't know what that is, but my Visa Debit card seemed to work fine.

http://tatameshop.com.br/carlos-gracie-o-criador-de-uma-dinastia-reila-gracie.html

slideyfoot - Carlos and Helio weren't exactly paragons of marital fidelity, to say the least. I assume the "mystical spirit" story will be covered in the course of Global Training Report's awesome summary/review of Reila Gracie's book. I've heard that story before, but it would be useful to have a source.

To quote Rener: 'Daaaaang!'.

MickColins - 

Yea, it is kind of disturbing how many BJJ teachers have hooked up with students. And Carlos was a weird dude. I was told that someone at my school, back when Carlson Sr was alive, asked him why his dad had so many kids and he said "At that time, in Brazil, nothing good on TV.". I thought that was pretty funny.

I actually gave one of my BJ instructors 50 bucks to buy me a copy of the Gracie book when he went home to Brazil but he said the bookstore near his house didn't carry it. I figured it'd be a good way to learn to read Portugese.

I give my "BJ instructors" money too, but for a different reason.

slideyfoot - Carlos and Helio weren't exactly paragons of marital fidelity, to say the least. I assume the "mystical spirit" story will be covered in the course of Global Training Report's awesome summary/review of Reila Gracie's book. I've heard that story before, but it would be useful to have a source.

If my daughter ever writes a biography of me, particularly one where I'm her main source of information about my early life, I hope I don't come as as badly as Carlos apparently does in the first two chapters of that book.

oblongo -

If my daughter ever writes a biography of me, particularly one where I'm her main source of information about my early life, I hope I don't come as as badly as Carlos apparently does in the first two chapters of that book.

I'm sure carlinhos is externally grateful to his sister for putting it out there... Phone Post

Sure, like you guys have never been in a BJJ sex cult before.

In Phone Post

I don't know that a BJJ instructor sleeping with a student is abusive in any way. Assuming both are single and not insane, I think that at worst it could lead to the woman leaving the gym if they break up--which sucks, but that happens in all kinds of situations where people belong to the same thing and then have a breakup.

But if the relationship is part of a whole servant-master, cult thing, or if the student is coerced into it, then obviously it's sick and should be brought to light. Phone Post

andre - I don't know that a BJJ instructor sleeping with a student is abusive in any way. Assuming both are single and not insane, I think that at worst it could lead to the woman leaving the gym if they break up--which sucks, but that happens in all kinds of situations where people belong to the same thing and then have a breakup.

But if the relationship is part of a whole servant-master, cult thing, or if the student is coerced into it, then obviously it's sick and should be brought to light. Phone Post

Nailed it! How many times do you see a business manager banging his secretory? Same thing as long as its not forced like the limp dick situation Phone Post

Look, before my name gets brought up as a negative --as I know damn well it will-- I want to preemptively speak a universal truth: one man's Sex Cult is simply another man's Tantra-influenced BJJ Class held in his mother's basement.

Fact: I've admitted some mistakes were made in the Shendokan kid's class. While well intentioned, I did fail to calibrate our "Lil' Yoni-Lingam Warriors" program to the highly puritanical tastes of suburban parents. I'm already on record as taking responsibility for that, OK?

So, if you're going to continue with your closed-minded ramblings in this thread, kindly leave my name out of it.

Respectfully,

Guru/GM/Dr. Shen