Early picture of Tank & Tito

Wasa-B -
crowbar - 

Another early picture of Tank at UFC Ultimate Japan.

Without looking back at the lineup:

Back row: Tre, ?, Joe Charles, Tank, Saku, Anjoh, ?

Front row: ?, Randy, BJM, Mo, Vitor, ?

I think the bookends on the bottom are kevin jackson and frank shamrock.

Loved that early era. And has anyone fought longer than Vitor? Must be over 20years

1 Like
supersonic - Loved that early era. And has anyone fought longer than Vitor? Must be over 20years

He’s going to MMA Heaven for the Jon Hess beatdown alone.

I think that fight was an early stoppage.

AnthonyWeiner - 
supersonic - Loved that early era. And has anyone fought longer than Vitor? Must be over 20years

He’s going to MMA Heaven for the Jon Hess beatdown alone.

I think that fight was an early stoppage.

Agreed. I squealed like a girl loving that beatdown. Dribbled his head against the mat. Immediate fan.

There was a different feel to that era.

it was legit or Art vs Art, with  skill levels being all over the place. 

It felt much more dangerous,  since there was so much unknown. 

Ive always admired the pioneers for the elephant sized ballsacks they possesed.

4 Likes

Tank`s jacket.

Tank with hair in a gi.

![](upload://xee9PkAGTf51cTRr4B6bWD4GC2t.jpeg)

3 Likes

Tank is probably one of the most interesting guys ever in MMA. I love the old days… saw him do some crazy shit in Tijuana once.

2 Likes

I’ve seen him a few times recently and the stroke definitely humbled him. I’m glad he made it. He’s an og and I wish Tank the best.

1 Like
crowbar -

Look at that picture.The only weak link seems to be Kohler,Anjo & possibly the Ghetto Man Joe Charles compared to todays cards.

I went to a Neutral Grounds once and Tito fought the “ghost” in a cage in a body shop in Lomita. All of tanks guys were there to watch and at some point during one of the fights started throwing beer into the ring after a bad decision(iirc). Joe Charles stepped into the ring and said,” the next motherfucker that throws a beer can answer to me.” Everyone in the crowd stfu and not one more beer was thrown.

1 Like
Bignightmare2 -

I’ve seen him a few times recently and the stroke definitely humbled him. I’m glad he made it. He’s an og and I wish Tank the best.

You are the original bignightmare right?. Used to think you were Wade Shipp back in the day. 

Bignightmare2 -
crowbar -

Look at that picture.The only weak link seems to be Kohler,Anjo & possibly the Ghetto Man Joe Charles compared to todays cards.

I went to a Neutral Grounds once and Tito fought the “ghost” in a cage in a body shop in Lomita. All of tanks guys were there to watch and at some point during one of the fights started throwing beer into the ring after a bad decision(iirc). Joe Charles stepped into the ring and said,” the next motherfucker that throws a beer can answer to me.” Everyone in the crowd stfu and not one more beer was thrown.

I went to a neutral grounds in 99... John Marsh fought Jeremy Horn. Good times. 

1 Like
SD CARTEL - 
Bignightmare2 -
crowbar -

I went to a neutral grounds in 99... John Marsh fought Jeremy Horn. Good times. 

I met Marsh at a grappling tournament in 2003. Super cool guy who took a moment to talk with me. Wish I still had the photo.

1 Like

Tito without a Punishment shirt on with The Cannon & John Perretti.

2 Likes

The Ortiz family with a very young Tito on the bottom right.

![](upload://vk15hcMAUTOwTyi8G61yCT97vHq.jpeg)

1 Like
SD CARTEL -
Bignightmare2 -

You are the original bignightmare right?. Used to think you were Wade Shipp back in the day. 

That’s me. I was there for the Horn and Marsh fight too. I have had people think that I was Wade before and I thought that was cool because that dude is tough.

1 Like
The Diet Butcher - 
crowbar -

Another early picture of Tank at UFC Ultimate Japan.

Great pic 

Hackney was a Unit.

maybe it’s not hackeny

crowbar -

Tank with hair in a gi.

![](upload://xee9PkAGTf51cTRr4B6bWD4GC2t.jpeg)

one of, if not the first issues of fightsport, published by Mito Uyehara . It was originally Quadros's column in blackbelt, before spinning off on it's own to compete with the arch enemy, grappling, published by kung fu nut, curtis wong. I can sense many out of body experiences commencing.

1 Like
crowbar - 

Is that Paul Herrera on the right?

![](upload://v1OVeZSi0SUmzlbQ9ePLc2oNNia.jpeg)

Look at that chin tho