Eddie Cummings in a Gi...?

He's damn good. So is GT. They are super precise with the details and they are excellent at entry into the leg lock series they go after. Phone Post 3.0

FistEater - I might be wrong, but was it Cobrinha who said that he will never tap to a leg lock. I think quite a few brazilians has similar attitude. And not to take anything away from EC, I think he is awesome. Phone Post 3.0
thats great that he'll never tap (i guess). doesnt change the fact that his ligaments will tear if strained in the right position. Phone Post 3.0

EddieBravo - Cummings can tap anyone, he's better than Paul Harris, he's the Marcelo of leg locks Phone Post 3.0
Would be great to see Paul Harris on EBI5. Phone Post 3.0

Rubber Ducky -
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

no offense, but LoL at saying EC has an 'underdeveloped postition game'.

Relative to his foot game
Lol, no. Phone Post 3.0

Guys that say they would never tap to a heel hook have never felt a heel hook from Eddie. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Fillthy -

I think that Eddie, like Tonon, gets heel hooks and other leg locks because that's what is usually left undefended when guys are trying to deal with his positional game.

moreso garry than eddie. eddie pretty much outright goes leg hunting from the get go in most matches. Phone Post 3.0

Cummings subbed Baret Yoshida, which shocked me. Everyone can be subbed. Phone Post 3.0

Baret is great, but he is 40 now

Joao was in nasty heel hooks to Tonon and didnt get tapped and Gary is much bigger

UGCTT_Fillthy - 

how's that working out for Joao?  I told a friend of mine that you can tap one time to those heel hooks now, or you can tap to them every morning when you're 50

Pretty good right now, he won the Boston open weight and absolute right after Tonon and EBI

But that's not the point, we were just saying some dudes won't tap to foot attacks, Cobrinha, Rafa, Glover and others are like that

I'm hoping for a Geo vs Cummins rematch Phone Post 3.0

liquidrob -
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

how's that working out for Joao?  I told a friend of mine that you can tap one time to those heel hooks now, or you can tap to them every morning when you're 50

Pretty good right now, he won the Boston open weight and absolute right after Tonon and EBI

But that's not the point, we were just saying some dudes won't tap to foot attacks, Cobrinha, Rafa, Glover and others are like that

pretty good other than squandering the opportunity to compete at the most pretigious grappling comp in the world by not wanting to tap to leg locks Phone Post 3.0

I don't think that's why he didn't do ADCC, he pulled out and competing in Boston the same week

UGCTT_Fillthy -
liquidrob - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

I get that, but my point is that people are sleeping on how comprehensive EC's game is now.  Folks are talking about him like he's that purple belt who catches black belts with foot locks.

They're wrong.

He's like a Cobrinha, with sick foot locks who attacks in transitions.  I may be wrong, and just have a case of the Serious Nut-Huggies, but I think a lot people are incorrectly dismissive of how comprehensive his game is.

Cummings is not like Cobrinha. That's not to say he can't "catch" Cobrinha but he's definitely not as well developed all around. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Fillthy - 
liquidrob - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

I get that, but my point is that people are sleeping on how comprehensive EC's game is now.  Folks are talking about him like he's that purple belt who catches black belts with foot locks.

They're wrong.

He's like a Cobrinha, with sick foot locks who attacks in transitions.  I may be wrong, and just have a case of the Serious Nut-Huggies, but I think a lot people are incorrectly dismissive of how comprehensive his game is.

I don't think people are sleeping,,some guys are just stubborn with leg attacks, we will see, he will meet Tanquino next round, that would be an impressive win

UGCTT_Fillthy - 
liquidrob - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

They're wrong.

You definitely have a case of "the Serious Nut-Huggies". Cobrinha has shown over the course of a decade that he is one of the best guard players and passers of all time both gi and no gi and he's won matches with a million different submissions(toe holds, heel hooks, armbars, darce, choke from the back, triangle etc etc).

Maybe Eddie can do all that but how would you even know? From what I've seen in almost all his matches he's hunting exclusively for legs(note: I don't see anything wrong with this, but it hardly shows a "comprehensive game"). Seriously, how many matches have you seen Eddie do anything other than hunt for the leg because the only one's I can thing of are his matches vs Gary and Denny

EC's leg locks looked good, ubt he couldn't get past Tanquinho.

really would have loved to see him match up with cobrinha but comparing him to cobrinha is disrespectful to one of the greatest to ever play the game Phone Post 3.0

I don't want to seem like a hater, because I enjoy watching Eddie Cummings compete and would consider myself a fan, but Cobrinha is a 4x World Champion and 2x ADCC Champion, as well as one of the greatest pound for pound jiu jitsu fighters to ever live. He is not like a Cobrinha. Very few people on earth are like a Cobrinha.

I THINK you were just trying to comment on Eddie's gane being more well rounded than people are led to believe, but that was a very poor choice of words.

EddieBravo - Cummings can tap anyone, he's better than Paul Harris, he's the Marcelo of leg locks Phone Post 3.0

This.

Who has EC beat that is considered top level? Phone Post 3.0