Eddie regret taking the Conor fight $$$

“We’re just not there yet. I know with the UFC, you never know when you strike a deal. But I’m patient. I’ve learned to be patient, because in the past I’ve gotten ahead of myself and maybe left a lot of money on the table. I don’t know. I think what’s fair is fair and every fighter, it’s a very individual thing, how much each fighter deserves and should get paid.”

At the press conference, Conor kept mentioning that he wasn’t smart enough to renegotiate his contract. Even as the defending champ, he was getting under paid. His defense was that he was comfortable with his number and that it was easy work. History tells us that it was quite the contrary for him. 

I know he likes to bet on himself but do you think that loss played a major role in his recent attitude. He’s also now openly mentioning that wins don’t mean crap because Brock and Conor could be getting title shots without fighting for some time. 

Ya unfortunately Eddie's name beyond the casual audience is tainted with being the guy who got KOd by Conor. Probably not smart to fight out his contract on a rematch with someone who finished him. but if he can do what he wants. probably not that smart of a guy.

RightHandOfDOOM -

Ya unfortunately Eddie's name beyond the casual audience is tainted with being the guy who got KOd by Conor. Probably not smart to fight out his contract on a rematch with someone who finished him. but if he can do what he wants. probably not that smart of a guy.

He will definitely be in the running with a win. I would like to see the winner fight Ferg to establish a clear number one contender. Obviously khabib making Conor “get to the back of the line” was just talk. Nobody will turn down the money fight. Just like Till said about woodley, he’s not gonna turn it down when offered

RightHandOfDOOM -

Lol what. I think you’re misremembering who finished who. Foul or not, Dustin was the one face first on the canvas when it was over. Eddie weathered the storm like he usually (sans Conor) does.

504thriller -
RightHandOfDOOM -

He will definitely be in the running with a win. I would like to see the winner fight Ferg to establish a clear number one contender. Obviously khabib making Conor “get to the back of the line” was just talk. Nobody will turn down the money fight. Just like Till said about woodley, he’s not gonna turn it down when offered

Number one contender for Conor? But who does Khabib fight? LW pecking order goes like this 

Champ McGregor 

Interim champ 1 (got there first through much more legitimate competition) Ferguson

interim champ 2 (let’s be honest he’s as much of a champion as Colby Covington was, he’s a glorified number one contender and even that is exaggerating with Ferguson being ahead of him) Khabib

Then you have Eddie and Dustin fighting it out to see who deserves to be #4 and who is #5.

IronWill -
504thriller -
RightHandOfDOOM -

Number one contender for Conor? But who does Khabib fight? LW pecking order goes like this 

Champ McGregor 

Interim champ 1 (got there first through much more legitimate competition) Ferguson

interim champ 2 (let’s be honest he’s as much of a champion as Colby Covington was, he’s a glorified number one contender and even that is exaggerating with Ferguson being ahead of him) Khabib

Then you have Eddie and Dustin fighting it out to see who deserves to be #4 and who is #5.

Truth

IronWill -
RightHandOfDOOM -

Lol what. I think you’re misremembering who finished who. Foul or not, Dustin was the one face first on the canvas when it was over. Eddie weathered the storm like he usually (sans Conor) does.

From what I remember, Dustin was beating the shit out of Eddie and Eddie looked like he intentionally hit DP with an illegal knee to a. Get a breather or b. Get disqualified in controversial fashion.

Maybe I’m just a cynical prick but that’s how I saw it anyway.

Fedoral Crime -
IronWill -
RightHandOfDOOM -

From what I remember, Dustin was beating the shit out of Eddie and Eddie looked like he intentionally hit DP with an illegal knee to a. Get a breather or b. Get disqualified in controversial fashion.

I concur. 

Boner McGregor -
Fedoral Crime -
IronWill -
RightHandOfDOOM -

I concur. 

This.

Fedoral Crime -
IronWill -
RightHandOfDOOM -

I disagree, in 30+ fights the guy has no history of that at all and he has been hurt more than almost any fighter out there. His biggest asset is his ability to come back. On top of that I don’t believe it’s in his character as a man. Regardless, the guy I quoted said Dustin finished him. That’s just not true.

504thriller -
RightHandOfDOOM -

wtf, we already did that and FERG was the clear NO 1 contender.

Eddie Alvarez is DONE folks.  D-O-N-E.  and I say this as a fan.  His best days are behind him.  He was in his prime back in 2012 with Bellator and went through too many wars in DREAM.  The lights are on but not many people are home.  

Morpheus1976 -
504thriller -
RightHandOfDOOM -

wtf, we already did that and FERG was the clear NO 1 contender.

So you’re saying that the winner of khabib/Conor will be fighting ferg next? I like that idea much more than having Tony take another fight but Conor and khabib haven’t been the most active lately. Is tony willing to wait or is the surgery time off gonna make him hungry for a tune up fight

Obviously, this is all based on Conor fighting khabib