"Edgar Fight, Best Thing Ever Happened to Aldo"

UFC 153: Frankie Edgar Fight Is the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Jose Aldo

By

(MMA Lead Writer)
on August 31, 2012

22 reads

Jose-aldo-ufc-belt_crop_exact Image via Heavy.com

With due respect to featherweight contender Erik Koch, I breathed a sigh of relief when the news broke that he was forced to pull out of his UFC 153 title fight with champion Jose Aldo.

I don't have anything against Koch, but there was a good chance I might be called in to do a radio shot or podcast appearance. And, shame of all shames, I have no idea how the semi-obscure challenger pronounces his last name.

Is it coke, like the beverage? Is he kin to former New York mayor Ed Koch? Does it rhyme with, um, clock? I've seen the man fight multiple times and can't say for sure, which says something about his prestige level as a challenger, or at least, about my memory.

Frankie Edgar, though? He's someone I know. Last night, I argued Edgar was one win away from a title shot at 145 pounds. It seems I was wrong. He's no wins away. In fact, coming off consecutive losses, he was apparently negative two wins away from a shot at gold.

---read the rest here---

follow Jonathan Snowden on Twitter

Why would I ever want to read the rest of that shit?  Pretty sure I became dumber just from reading what was posted here.

It will be quite impressive if the GOAT LW and the current LW champ can't finish Edgar, but the smaller Aldo can.

Well also is fast enough to catch Edgar. That will be the difference. Phone Post

Aldo is facing his first unafraid opponent. Frankie will shock the world. Mark my words.

His name is Erik Koch, which isn't difficult at all to pronounce.

A "MMA Lead Writer" should know at least how to pronounce simple names.

It's not like his name is Khabib Nurmagomedov

WhereInTheWorldIsRicardoArona - 

We're calling Ben the GOAT LW now? Let the guy defend the belt a few more times guys. He still has to avenge the Pettis loss. Phone Post

I meant Penn and Benson.

Willin but not Chaeble:

When is that sn up??? I would be down for a edgar aldo sn bet with you good sir! Phone Post

Willin_But_Not_Chaeble - 

Aldo is facing his first unafraid opponent. Frankie will shock the world. Mark my words.

I can't imagine many people (outside of Brazil) would be shocked if Edgar wins.

UGCTT_LnPninja - 

Willin but not Chaeble:

When is that sn up??? I would be down for a edgar aldo sn bet with you good sir! Phone Post

Is it sad that I was at a bar last night surrounded by beautiful women and yet I was wondering when my terrible SN bet screenname would expire?

You're on. 30 days this time, 90 is brutal.

WhereInTheWorldIsRicardoArona - 

We're calling Ben the GOAT LW now? Let the guy defend the belt a few more times guys. He still has to avenge the Pettis loss. Phone Post

He needs to avenge his last fight as well. He lost to Edgar to everyone's eyes except for the crooked judges.

Willin_But_Not_Chaeble - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -  Willin but not Chaeble:

Is it sad that I was at a bar last night surrounded by beautiful women and yet I was wondering when my terrible SN bet screenname would expire?

You're on. 30 days this time, 90 is brutal.

Well I did take it easy on you as far as the name goes. 

30 days it is. 

I obviously don't agree with everything Jonathan writes, but I enjoy his pieces.

its coke like the beverage. dont know if you were trying to be funny or serious?

this guy is delusional, Koch is 14-1 only loss to Mendes in WEC a long time ago and a totally different fighter now 2-0 in the UFC. you'd think someone who writes mma articles would be educated about it before writing about it...

all in all, shitty post.