Edgar loses his best weapon at 145

Frankie has good boxing but most of his fights hes a lot faster then his opponents I think the 145 weight class will be tougher for him as he get to the top fighters in the division. Sorry if this thread has be made already Phone Post

U are the first person to say this!!!

How did u think of it on ur own?

;-) Phone Post

Lost some speed, but gains some power and strength. And his take-downs would be a nightmare at FW.

Jeremy1983 - Lost some speed, but gains some power and strength. And his take-downs would be a nightmare at FW.

Agreed.

I don't think he will lose any speed. He may encounter fighters faster that him (and other than Aldo that's a big MAYBE). I don't think the 10lbs. cut will be anything for him. He may not even have to really cut.

i think that being koed cold is tied into cutting weight. i beleive frankies chin and recovery ability is directly related to him not cutting weight. scientifically cutting weight thinkens the liquid in your skull that protects your brain. with frankie cutting weight and dehydrating his spinal fluid i thinkit will easier to ko him or he will not be able to recover like he does at 155. discuss

Themanders1 - i think that being koed cold is tied into cutting weight. i beleive frankies chin and recovery ability is directly related to him not cutting weight. scientifically cutting weight thinkens the liquid in your skull that protects your brain. with frankie cutting weight and dehydrating his spinal fluid i thinkit will easier to ko him or he will not be able to recover like he does at 155. discuss

I don't think the cut will be that bad, I'm sure he's not going to be killing himself to make that weight. If it was him cutting to 135 I would agree but 145 is an average cut for most IFC level fighters Phone Post

I think that KO weight cutting thing has some truth to it.

Joachim Hansen had never been KOd at LW, despite eating huge shots from heavy hitters like Alvarez, Gomi and Sakurai then when he dropped down to 139 to fight Takaya he got KO'd cold with a shot that he would have shrugged off up at LW.

He loses the ability to not have to fight Aldo Phone Post

If big strong guys like Bendo/Maynard can't KO him, I don't see it happening easily at 145. He will not be cutting much weight to make 145. Phone Post