Edgar stuffs 100% of Maynard's takedowns

...and takes Maynard down several times, including a slam.

Not bad for a guy fighting a much bigger NCAA champion.

Possibly best wrestling in division + insane pace + excellent boxing + escape BJ Penn on the ground + insane recovery

Edgar is the man.

I agree.

Agree. Great fight. Shame about the ending. I thought Frank won round 5 and should have taken it but still what a fight!

Edgar fought a smart fight after the first round. His strategy obviously was to avoid the ground and win the fight striking. Maynard has only himself to blame for not being able to finish Edgar when Edgar got rocked. Both guys don't seem to be able to break a piece of toilet paper with their striking. 

frankie should have won that and will take the rematch.

Frankie - Lionheart - Edgar

Very impressive tdd and show of heart.
Edgar made me a fan tonight.

Frankie got all 4 last rounds... he got robbed. The judge that gave it to Maynard is completely nuts.

If you weren't a fan of Edgar before this fight I don't see how you couldn't be one now Phone Post

My bad, I thought he was champ. When did he take Edgar down?

will take the rematch.

Yep. Only a 10-8 first round kept him from winning. And since Maynard has almost never hurt anyone and he couldn't hurt Frankie again after that, Edgar will win decisively in the rematch.

Havok140 - Agree. Great fight. Shame about the ending. I thought Frank won round 5 and should have taken it but still what a fight!

That was impressive! However, Maynard did take him down! Not at will as I thought he would. Phone Post

Maynard took him down twice in rd 3 Phone Post

And I'm sure the fact that he blew his load throwing 97 something strikes trying to finish Edgar in the first had nothing to do with it...

Fresh Maynard takes Edgar down 50% of the time.

MartinLav - Frankie got all 4 last rounds... he got robbed. The judge that gave it to Maynard is completely nuts.

Nagster5 - frankie should have won that and will take the rematch.

Key round was round five. Both Trowbridge & Jarman scored for Maynard. Edgar outlanded him 32-20. Maynard 0-6 on takedowns.  Frankie shoulda got the W.