Edwards vs Belal for 300 main event?

Tapology has Edwards vs Belal listed as an unconfirmed rumor for the 300 main event. The problem is, tapology rarely bothers to list a fight in unconfirmed rumor status that does not end up being true.

I would hate if this fight is the 300 main event. I just know very few casual or hardcore fans that would want that as a 300 main event.

Most of the flyweight men and stawweight women in the UFC have better finishing rates than Edwards and Belal.

Edwards vs Belal is the least interesting possible title fight in the entire UFC in 2024.

No way this turns out to be the main event. No way Dana and the matchmakers would want that shit headlining 300.

It would be worse than if Freddie Mercury raped Tank Abbott again.

2 Likes

If that’s the MAIN event for 300 then fucking LOL

Two of the most boring and disliked fighters on the roster

That fight shouldn’t even be Co Main event. There should be two fights above it lol

Like I said on the other thread; there’s no way 300 tops 299

4 Likes

If the idea is to stack title fights, fine. But if that’s the headliner, woof. I feel a scoge bad for belal, but cmon man no one wants to watch that shit. 11 of his 13 ufc wins are decisions. Hes the new jon fitch.

2 Likes

I just think tapology might be off on this one. Leon said he was defending the title at 300 but he said nothing about main event.

Whoever listed it as main event probably just got a little carried away with the egg nog and edibles before they did the update.

I still think Makhachev vs Gaethje, Conor vs Diaz III and Aspinall vs Pereira are all in play as possible 300 main events.

It might be too early to rush Aspinall vs Pereira to the table as an option but I feel like there is zero chance Dana wants Belal in the main event of 300 and he is probably eyeing Makhachev vs Gaethje as the best option.

1 Like

Speaking of Fitch, he actually got to be in the UFC 100 PPV portion of the card. Thiago was 1-0 in the UFC and had KOed Koscheck with a KOTN in his debut.

Joe Silva was probably hoping he would KO Fitch.

No way in hell Dana and Joe Silva wanted to provide Fitch with an opportunity to fight a conservative fight and get a W on the 100 PPV card.

If I had to guess I’d say these are the top 3 fights of 300…

Makhachev vs Gaethje main event
Weili vs Grasso co-main
Edwards vs Belal 3rd title fight.

1 Like

Gaurentee that not main event …nooobody cares about that fight

5 Likes

Leon is a good fighter but he is only slightly more entertaining with BLOL. B LOL will make this a shit fight imo.

Damn if that’s the main event then they better lower the PPV price by $30 at least already.

1 Like

Even Dana will have a hard time hyping that one up. Belal really missed his opportunity by not calling out Ian Garry, if he’d talked shit to him for weeks then derailed him he’d have gained a lot of fans. Instead he waited for a fight against the most boring current champ that already dog walked him.

Aspinall vs Gane would not be a bad addition if Perreira wants to stay at LHW for now and they can’t get Makhachev to fight in April.

I’d say who cares about the status of his title vs the others and just headline with that. Its better than headlining with the Edwards fight or a WMMA fight.

Not a chance

Fuck blal. That wonky eyed terrorist should be matched up with Shavkhat. I’d love to see him get destroyed by Genghis Khan Jr.

Ambien takes Belal to go to sleep

Who against who?
-general public

Not a chance. Dana isn’t stupid.

1 Like

I told you, tapology, I told you.